• Register Today It's free!

Moon Roof Cover?

Michael Levandus

Reaction score
City, State
Grand Rapids, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
Just got a new 2015 Explorer Sport with dual moon roofs.

We're very happy with it so far but running into one question. The back moon roof has a 'cover' that closes over it when we hit the button so that the sun doesn't shine in when we don't want it to.

The front one we can't seem to figure this out. The actual glass opens and closes just fine, but there seems to be no 'cover' that can close over it so that the sun doesn't get in at all. Is there one? If so, how can I get it to close?

Michael

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just tap the close button again and the cover will keep moving forward to close the front opening as well.

Just tap the close button again and the cover will keep moving forward to close the front opening as well.

THIS! I just got my Sport on Monday and it took me several minutes as well to figure it out OP...

We're very happy with it so far but running into one question. The back moon roof has a 'cover' that closes over it when we hit the button so that the sun doesn't shine in when we don't want it to.

The front one we can't seem to figure this out. The actual glass opens and closes just fine, but there seems to be no 'cover' that can close over it so that the sun doesn't get in at all. Is there one? If so, how can I get it to close?

Michael

Michael , you have to hit the close button a second time to actually close the cover for the front roof ( that is the same button used for the rear closing)

Michael
Welcome to the Forum. :wavey:
I see other members have already addressed your issue. The moonroof shade is one piece that covers both sections.

Peter

Thank you all! That did it. Now I feel like an idiot, lol. That must be the only button combination we didn't try!

Michael

Thank you all! That did it. Now I feel like an idiot, lol. That must be the only button combination we didn't try!

Michael

Next time try referring to your owners manual...

I know!!! It's unbelievable!!! Who would have ever thought that it would contain such valuable information on how operate your vehicle???

I know!!! It's unbelievable!!! Who would have ever thought that it would contain such valuable information on how operate your vehicle???

Blasphemy! That sounds awfully close to recommending I actually READ THE INSTRUCTIONS, which to my understanding is a violation of man law!

But seriously...I do need to read through it to learn about all the different features that I'm sure I haven't discovered yet. I just happened to be at the office when I remembered my wife was trying to get it figured out so I figured I'd ask here.

Thanks again everyone for the help! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Michael

Blasphemy! That sounds awfully close to recommending I actually READ THE INSTRUCTIONS, which to my understanding is a violation of man law!

But seriously...I do need to read through it to learn about all the different features that I'm sure I haven't discovered yet. I just happened to be at the office when I remembered my wife was trying to get it figured out so I figured I'd ask here.

Michael
When I picked up my 2011 Limited, the Owner's Guide was in the house for the first 2 years. I would pick it up and read through it several times and still found there were features that I had missed or forgotten. I now have the Owner's Guides for all 6 model years downloaded onto my computer to help in answering posted questions/concerns. I find it is much easier to find certain things in the PDF document than it is trying to find them in the Guide.

Peter

Michael

LOL....sorry...just couldn't resist the temptation!

Turn in your man card.

We'll be watching.........:smoke:

Back