For the Sport owners | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For the Sport owners

pup5581

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'14 Explorer Sport
So i purchased new tires. Alenza plus. Very good ride ect. But i am still having my same issue. On highway and faster speeds i am still getting a ton of road feel through the floor and pedal for some odd reason On new pavement..isnt as bad ect.

Do you guys feel any similer things when driving?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So i purchased new tires. Alenza plus. Very good ride ect. But i am still having my same issue. On highway and faster speeds i am still getting a ton of road feel through the floor and pedal for some odd reason On new pavement..isnt as bad ect.

Do you guys feel any similer things when driving?

I noticed some of the same road transference you speak of on one particular patch of road at the beginning of GA 400 northbound... But it goes away after a 4-5 hundred yards. It feels a bit of a rough vibration in the gas pedal and the floor board. I chalked it up as crappy road.

I noticed some of the same road transference you speak of on one particular patch of road at the beginning of GA 400 northbound... But it goes away after a 4-5 hundred yards. It feels a bit of a rough vibration in the gas pedal and the floor board. I chalked it up as crappy road.

What i am leaning twords. But it wasnt this bad when i got the truck or at all when i rememeber I mean i get a lot of engine vibration when taking off in pedal so not sure if related. Dealer didnt find anything. I will bring it up again because its very rough feeling in pedal even on decent highways. Smooth you can still feel it but not nearly as bad. I thought maybe wheen bearing? But no noise. Just roughness

Just qondwring if other sports owners had anything similar

What i am leaning twords. But it wasnt this bad when i got the truck or at all when i rememeber I mean i get a lot of engine vibration when taking off in pedal so not sure if related. Dealer didnt find anything. I will bring it up again because its very rough feeling in pedal even on decent highways. Smooth you can still feel it but not nearly as bad. I thought maybe wheen bearing? But no noise. Just roughness

Just qondwring if other sports owners had anything similar

I was always taught if a problem unit bearing hub to jack the front up securely with the wheels off the ground, and then grab the tire/wheel @ the 6 and 12 O'clock position and give it a good yank back and forth. If it doesn't move then it's good to go. If it moves, then you have a problem. Try that if for nothing else to ease your mind...

I was always taught if a problem unit bearing hub to jack the front up securely with the wheels off the ground, and then grab the tire/wheel @ the 6 and 12 O'clock position and give it a good yank back and forth. If it doesn't move then it's good to go. If it moves, then you have a problem. Try that if for nothing else to ease your mind...

Ya i hevnt done this but dealer said bearings were good..all i have gone by so far

15 Sport. No road feel issues here

Thanks for checking in. You get anything when accelerating? Like in floor or pedal based on RPM uphill worse ect?

Same here. 15 sports and not a single problem. The car rides smooth. Mind you I am a speed demon haha so trust me when I say my car can't ride any better.

I'm in a Sport running the factory tires (255s) at 40 lbs all around (I do a lot of high speed driving and aggressive cornering) with 5,0xx miles. No road transference feel or vibrations that I would consider unusual.

Nothing here.

I have a '14 sport with 13k miles and no issues. I drive combination of aggressive and conservative. Lately all side streets and minimal highway as in once a week- and have to make sure there's no dust on it. Lol.

OP, I just drove 320+ miles to the Florida Gulf Coast from Atlanta. At times I drove conservative and at others I drove in triple digits places I knew I could get away with it, (no traffic two lane highways with large medians.) This Explorer Sport rides like a finely tuned bullet train on polished rails... This is rolling thru (3) different states worth of highways. She has almost 900 miles on her now.

Dumb question; but have you checked your tire pressure lately??? I like to run these Hankook's @ about 32PSI. If you are running @ 40+ PSI yeah, depending on the road I can see what you're saying OP. Check your tires cold and report back... Also, how's the alignment???

PSI is 34....it feels like the pedal is attached to the motor. Higher RMps..more feel in pedal/floor ect. Faster driving more feel in pedal ect. Changed tires so i highly doubt that is the cause. Calling dealer Monday to make appt in coming weeks for it again

There is no way my change in intake would cause any of this...right?

I'm in a Sport running the factory tires (255s) at 40 lbs all around (I do a lot of high speed driving and aggressive cornering) with 5,0xx miles. No road transference feel or vibrations that I would consider unusual.

Would you say you feel any when say accel from a stop or up hill..highway ect. If you feel its normal thats fine just wondering

Would you say you feel any when say accel from a stop or up hill..highway ect. If you feel its normal thats fine just wondering
Hi Pup, I only have a very small amount of engine vibration in the steering wheel when I'm idling in 'D' (like at a stop light). Even that seems to be deminished since I put the LMS tune on last nite. I really never have anything abnormal through the pedals or wheel when accelerating (no matter if flat or on incline) or running free beyond normal road feel associated with running 40 psi cold tire pressure. Never noted anything in the floor for sure.

Regarding your CAI, can't imagine it is causing the vibs unless it is attached solidly to the engine compartment metal interior somewhere (and I can't imagine that it is).

Ya no its not...it just kind of started to get worse when i put the intake on. I was curious thats all. Thanks!

If the dealer cant find anything again i may try another dealer for another opinion. Maybe the tune i may get would fix it??

Ya no its not...it just kind of started to get worse when i put the intake on. I was curious thats all. Thanks!

If the dealer cant find anything again i may try another dealer for another opinion. Maybe the tune i may get would fix it??
Probably not, unfortunately. Hey, has the dealer checked the engine mounts? One or more of them might be ruptured (assuming the Sport uses fluid damped mounts).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Probably not, unfortunately. Hey, has the dealer checked the engine mounts? One or more of them might be ruptured (assuming the Sport uses fluid damped mounts).

Not 100% sure as they said they couldnt feel it last time when its prettty clear as day

My thought was mounts as well. But my brakes i think are warped because i get a slight shake and geinding noise when braking heavy. Not sure if it would be related with the feel on highway. I am making the dealer on MON drive it on highway even though its not close to highway to feel what i feel. They just drove it on side streets before with me

Back