Debut of 2016 Explorer | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Debut of 2016 Explorer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Some New Photos

I noticed on Ford.com there are some new photos. The first one shows a black Platinum. It also shows the Platinum embossing on the rear seats is now gone.

I noticed on Ford.com there are some new photos. The first one shows a black Platinum. It also shows the Platinum embossing on the rear seats is now gone.
Can't say I ever noticed it on the 3rd row seats. In fact I think this is the first picture I've seen of the 3rd row.

Peter

Can't say I ever noticed it on the 3rd row seats. In fact I think this is the first picture I've seen of the 3rd row.

Peter

Whoops, I meant the 2nd row seats. All of the photos I've seen had "Platinum" on the 2nd row and from what I've read, it is only supposed to be on the front seats.

Whoops, I meant the 2nd row seats. All of the photos I've seen had "Platinum" on the 2nd row and from what I've read, it is only supposed to be on the front seats.
I went and had another look and you're right. The second row now doesn't show it. We here in Canada still can't even do a 'Build and Price' on a 2016. It is still shown as a 'Future' vehicle. I'm beginning to think Ford Canada doesn't know what is going on with their own vehicles. One person I spoke to said they weren't going to be built 'till July. I advised them that according to the production schedule, it showed production starting May 4th.

Peter

Dash layout??

As I look through pictures of the 2016 Explorer I see two different dash layouts. One has the speedo in the center and the other has a tach on the left and the speedo on the right. Is the speed/tach for the Ecoboost models only or is it for a certain model only?

There are 3 setups on the 2016:

Standard (Base & XLT): Speedometer & Tachometer with a ~4.2" color in the center (image is for a 2011):
-edge-4-door-se-fwd-instrument-cluster_100327633_l.jpg

Uplevel (Optional XLT, Sport & Limited): Speedometer in the middle with 2x ~4.2" screens one on each side of the speedometer (image is for a 2011):
ford-explorer-awd.jpg

Platinum only: An all digital cluster that gives you an analogue speedometer & tachometers with info displays inside of them both:
2016-ford-explorer-instrument-cluster.jpg

Okay. That makes things clear now. Thanks for the reply omar302

LOL, yes I am :thumbsup: ... New York Ranger fan here ... my apologies!
Not feeling good about this series against Tampa Bay. :eek:

You must be an NHL fan. The Montreal team is the Canadiens. The rest of us are Canadians.:D

Peter

I see dealers in the NY area have gotten 2016 Explorers in FYI

2013exploreplastidipgri.jpg

Am I allowed to take credit for the smaller grill? : )

In case it helps, the TrueCar app shows "LED Fog Lamp" as option code 21K and says late availability.

My new 2016 Sport is ordered. My dealer has no official information on all the newest available accessory options. My question - Where is this new list?
I want to make sure I don't miss a desired option.

Thanks

In case it helps, the TrueCar app shows "LED Fog Lamp" as option code 21K and says late availability.

From the Order Guide;

LATE AVAILABILITY – Subject to Change
● Platinum Series
● Cold Weather Package (65W) (201A)
● Heated Steering Wheel (61H) (XLT 202A and Sport 400A)
● LED Fog Lamps (21K)

Peter

I thought I liked new Ex, but after closer look I should admit I like current version more for its uniqueness. This new Ex looks generic and GM/Jeep alike and doesn't stand out of the crowd. Same happened with new Edge, it is now Kia alike.
Should admit though I like technology added, but transmission is still old...

What kind of time frame would be meant by "late availability"? 1 month, 2 month, fall?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What kind of time frame would be meant by "late availability"? 1 month, 2 month, fall?
Checking the Internet, there doesn't seem to be a specific definition for that term. There are several results that came up. One mentioned that it could mean at the end of the first quarter of the production schedule. If that is the case, then you could be looking at August.

Peter

Back