Seat won't automatically move forward on start up? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Seat won't automatically move forward on start up?

Chaz1

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Limited 2011
Hey guys,

Recently I have run into a problem where when I start the car the seat won't move up automatically like it usually does. It still automatically goes back when I turn off the car, just doesn't automatically go forward when I start it.

Anyone know why this is / how to fix it?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey guys,

Recently I have run into a problem where when I start the car the seat won't move up automatically like it usually does. It still automatically goes back when I turn off the car, just doesn't automatically go forward when I start it.

Anyone know why this is / how to fix it?

Thanks!
The only suggestion I can come up with is to do the negative battery cable pull. Let is sit for 10 - 15 minutes before reconnecting and see if that fixes it. Keep in mind that this will require the transmission to relearn its shift points as well as the idle and fuel trim strategy will have to be relearned. There is a procedure for the latter if you don't want it to relearn over time. Any saved memory info will also be deleted.

Peter

The only suggestion I can come up with is to do the negative battery cable pull. Let is sit for 10 - 15 minutes before reconnecting and see if that fixes it. Keep in mind that this will require the transmission to relearn its shift points as well as the idle and fuel trim strategy will have to be relearned. There is a procedure for the latter if you don't want it to relearn over time. Any saved memory info will also be deleted.

Peter

Have you tried this yet?

No I haven't. I don't like the sound of things having to be relearned and saved memory deleted. But thank you Peter for the suggestion!

No I haven't. I don't like the sound of things having to be relearned and saved memory deleted. But thank you Peter for the suggestion!
The battery disconnect did fix another member's issue with the Easy Exit/Entrance feature.

Peter

The battery disconnect did fix another member's issue with the Easy Exit/Entrance feature.

Peter

Cars are computers these days whether we admit it or not. In fact vehicles are made up of many computers that communicate over several networks.

Does your home computer work perfect without ever shutting it down?

Cars will never be perfect. Sometimes stuff does not a reset.

Back