2016 MSRP vs Negotiated Price | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 MSRP vs Negotiated Price

Nola20

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
I have made up my mind and am going with a Magnetic Sport since the Tuxedo Black is not an option. I have talked to a few dealerships in the area and am working on pricing. MSRP is $50,090. So far I have been quoted $46,500 plus TTL. For those of you who have negotiated any pricing on a 16 model what was the MSRP and what was negotiated price? Has anyone had the fuel charge and advertisement assessment taken off? I just saw those on there. Thanks in advance for anyone who is willing to share.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford charges the dealer those fees so they are not made up. Why should they eat them? Id offer invoice plus TTL and be happy with that.

It was just a question. I never said they made them up or they should eat them. I am just looking for some help that's all. I want to feel good about what I buy and I don't want to get ripped off. I got talked to like I didn't know **** by 2 different men today and I knew more than them about the Sport.

Ford charges the dealer those fees so they are not made up. Why should they eat them? Id offer invoice plus TTL and be happy with that.
Have never seen those charges up here.

Peter

Does Ford still have X-Plan pricing on the 2016 vehicles?

I just closed on a '16 sport. I'm taking delivery next week.

Don't bother with Xplan, the initial offer I had from every dealer was below Xplan.

I'm paying 1500 below invoice, which is below edmunds invoice and truecar.

Just hold out a bit. they're coming onto lots now. Shadow black is the replacement for tuxedo (you probably knew that though).

Good luck with your negotiating. Even at invoice, this is a slick vehicle!

Don't bother with Xplan, the initial offer I had from every dealer was below Xplan.

Just hold out a bit. they're coming onto lots now. Shadow black is the replacement for tuxedo (you probably knew that though).

Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on your new Sport.:wavey:

Peter

Thanks Peter.

Excited about it... if it's not obvious. :)

Did you trade in a vehicle?

Have never seen those charges up here.

Peter

You won't see them online. you need to see them in the ordering system where it shows the dealer's true invoice.. also lists them on the DORA.

Here is an example, look at the bottom of the DORA..

I would be shocked if Ford didn't do this up in Canada..

20150120_161251_zpserbd5tje.jpg

Back