Hello, new memeber with 04 Limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hello, new memeber with 04 Limited

jdmitrswapped

Reaction score
City, State
albuquerque, NM
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer Limited
Just saying what's up guys. I have a 04 Limited 4.6 with about 130,000 on the clock. She runs pretty good and recently i've sold my sports sedan so this has been my only vehicle. I decided to do mild upgrades starting with the tires and wheels.

May 30, 2015 installed new Vision wheels 16x8 zero offset on 265/75r16 Cooper Discover ATP's.

IMAG0429.jpg

June 7, 2015 finished DIY'n flowmaster super 40's 2.25" going out to the stock tail pipe.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Future mods and not exactly in this order.

DIY CAI from Mustang Ebay kit

A mild lift, not sure which one or combination.

Upgrading the factory stereo to accept AUX and boost the bass somehow.

After the lift I want to build my own cargo cage and maybe a simple bar with winch for the front.

Welcome to the forum. Nice Explorer:chug:

I am starting to really enjoy the EX now. What makes it great is the forum. I'm learning a lot about our SUV and parts don't seem terribly expensive so far. I'm kind of excited just to get her running a good as she can get!

So far did wheels, exhaust, intake, door speakers, sub, added a sub amp and this weekend will replace the ball joint on the ucas.

Also I think she's due for coolant flush, tranny pan drop and filter replacement, fuel filter replacement and maybe new plugs.

I want a body 3" body lift really bad and also an SCT tuner very badly :)

Welcome!

Dig the tires!

I'm doing Rancho's and Moog's as well on my 2001 XLT. Get ready for the trails! :thumbsup:

Thanks! I'm loving it. Replaced ball joints with MOOG's today :0) She's riding better and better

IMAG0492.jpg

I haven't been on here in a while but I just ditched the Eeebay DIY intake for K&N's 57-2564. $288

I gotta say I love it. I regret doing the DIY route but oh well. This looks prettier, took about 35 minutes to install and sound / feels great !

Also changed new MAF sensor.

Welcome. Nice looking Explorer. This Spring I have to do upper control arms, & lower ball joints on our 99 Sport.

Back