Check your Radiator Fan!!!!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Check your Radiator Fan!!!!!!

i replaced my fan, and it had the extension ring, but i didn't use it, because the old bolts were too short, of course.
also, whenever i replaced the waterpump a while ago, the pulley on it runs wobbly, and the fan's attached to that. i don't know why it runs wobbly?

I upgraded my 91 aerostar from a standard duty to severe duty fan hub and an 11 blade fan off an S10. I used the same hub and fan on my 99 grand cherokee.

Joining the "I recently replaced my fan" party - a couple of months ago the fan on my 92 (pushing 250,000 mi.) decided to 'semi-explode'. One blade headed for parts unknown, and took part of the fan shroud (underneath) with it, as well as splitting the side. On a positive note, I can now pull the shroud without pulling the fan or radiator! Replaced it with a generic, run-of-the-mill fan, but thanks to this thread I'll be sure to keep a constant check on it!

As a side-note, the old fan was cracked from here to next week and back. Apparently a couple of cracks came together behind the blade that took off, and centrifugal force did the rest.

Back