Foglights on '15 sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Foglights on '15 sport

vynvyn

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 ford explorer sport
Hi all. Does the foglights shut off when you turn high beam on? Mine is the 2015 sport model, asked some owners from previous 2012 owners and they said that it doesn't shut off.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

13' sport and yes they shut off. Every car I've owned with fog lights have cut off with high beams.

Some Cars there is a mod that can be done to change that, on my old focus only a small jumper wire was needed.

Yes according to federal DOT regulations you are not suppose to have your fog lights on when the hi beams are operating and all US spec cars are built to this specification. They will ticket you here in VA if you get caught.

Hi all. Does the foglights shut off when you turn high beam on? Mine is the 2015 sport model, asked some owners from previous 2012 owners and they said that it doesn't shut off.

Of course they do. It's against the law in may states to have fog lights on when you run high beams.

I see. I live here in the philippines. :) ford dealer said that the unit came from the USA, that explains why. Thanks guys

Of course they do. It's against the law in may states to have fog lights on when you run high beams.

Not so much this, but DOT restrictions. The lights (HI / FOGS) are designed and to be used in entirely different situations. Fogs are in theory for fog, heavy rain/snow low visibility and highs obviously are for longer distance, brighter need without fog/snow etc... that will reflect/blind you with the light reflecting off of the low visibility situation vs. the lower fogs for that use.

That being said, I have on other vehicles in my past, made it so I could have both on as I like light! :)

Back