• Register Today It's free!

3" wheel spacers?

Brookflow

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Sport Trac
Hello.

I'm new.

I have searched for about 15 minutes for an answer to this question with no luck.

I recently plasti-dipped my stock wheels. I am pleased with the look and have decided to not buy after market rims.

However, I want my tires to stick out much more than stock. So I am about to order 3" wheel spacers.

I am thinking about eventually doing a 3" body lift with 285/7516r mud tires.

Right now I might go with 275/7016r mud tires with no lift. From what I've read 31" will fit under a stock Sport Trac.

My question is how much will these spacers affect rubbing. I have read mostly problems folks have with rubbing on the inside...how bad will these spacers cause the tires Im wanting to run to hit on the outside...if any?

Thanks!

with my personal experience, a wheel spacer of that extreme width will do a number on your wheel bearings and can also put unnecessary strain on your lug studs. thus i personally am against wheel spacers any more than 1.5"

some people have had good experiences with wheel spacers, but 3" seems a bit on the extreme side.

now, wheels spacers will help the chances of your tire rubbing on the inner suspension components such as sway bars, upper control arms etc... but on the flip side with too much spacer, you put the outer edge more prone to rubbing on the fender and the bumper in some cases. with 3" i would be willing to bet you will have outer rubbing

Back