Changing all lights on a 2007 LTD to LED any ideas | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Changing all lights on a 2007 LTD to LED any ideas

CdnGhost

Reaction score
City, State
Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac Limited
After reading over some threads, I can't find any general consensus on the best and most practical way to mod all the lights, exterior and interior to LED...

or are there any recommended plug and play LED bulb conversions....

Thanks.

EDIT, any of these any good? want to mod my headlights a bit....
tube led

CdnGhost,

I have done similar mods to my 07 LTD. The list of bulb sizes can be found here .
The dome lights I got from Amazon, they're super bright and fit perfectly. The exterior mirror and license plate lights I got from eBay, the reverse lights I also got from eBay. The third brake light/bed lights I got from Recon, it's for the 04-08 F150 but fits our trucks perfectly. The bed lights are super bright and light up the bed decently. The brake light I haven't been able to test because there's something wrong with the electrical in my truck being that no halogen bulbs have worked in the third brake light since before I bought the truck. I see no reason to change the other brake lights on our truck, it doesn't change the look at all. For the front turn signals I got LED switch backs (white while parking lights are on, flashing amber when turn signal is on). The headlights I got bi-xenon H13 6000k 35 watt HIDs by opt-7, and for the fog lights I had H10 6000k 25 watt HIDs by opt-7, but with the Ironman lighting package the stock halogens look better. I also have LEDGlow's 49" tailgate lightbar and Recon's 62" big rig lights under the running boards. I haven't changed any of the other lights in the truck, as I barely use them to care enough to change them haha. I'll try to get a video up soon to show you how it all looks!

CdnGhost,

I have done similar mods to my 07 LTD. The list of bulb sizes can be found here .
The dome lights I got from Amazon, they're super bright and fit perfectly. The exterior mirror and license plate lights I got from eBay, the reverse lights I also got from eBay. The third brake light/bed lights I got from Recon, it's for the 04-08 F150 but fits our trucks perfectly. The bed lights are super bright and light up the bed decently. The brake light I haven't been able to test because there's something wrong with the electrical in my truck being that no halogen bulbs have worked in the third brake light since before I bought the truck. I see no reason to change the other brake lights on our truck, it doesn't change the look at all. For the front turn signals I got LED switch backs (white while parking lights are on, flashing amber when turn signal is on). The headlights I got bi-xenon H13 6000k 35 watt HIDs by opt-7, and for the fog lights I had H10 6000k 25 watt HIDs by opt-7, but with the Ironman lighting package the stock halogens look better. I also have LEDGlow's 49" tailgate lightbar and Recon's 62" big rig lights under the running boards. I haven't changed any of the other lights in the truck, as I barely use them to care enough to change them haha. I'll try to get a video up soon to show you how it all looks!

Sounds good!!

Back