'05 EB Using RES RCAs as Audio AUX IN | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'05 EB Using RES RCAs as Audio AUX IN

drdoom

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Eddie Bauer 4.6L 4X4
Just opening a brief dialogue about connecting MP3 players or Bluetooth adapters to the stock RES. Personally I own few CDs, could not even tell you where there stored. I use almost exclusively MP3, WMA, etc. It occurred to me the other day to use a patch cable to connect my ZEN media player. It works pretty good, but I assume it's playing through the DVD player and perhaps not optimal sound quality or output levels. Thoughts anyone?

I wired at bluetooth adapter directly into the RCA wiring up in the RES. The sound comes in on the Aux in and sounds just fine. It's all hidden. Here's what I used.

14819817.jpg

Cool adapter Ford fool. I have an external BT adapter in my home entertainment center, never knew of one you could put inside the RES. As I said I have just begun using a wye patch, and it seems I need to initialize by selecting the source from the RES console, and get the volume up the rest of the way using the HU or steering wheel controls. I think my HU is the one with an AUX button but no AUX. I am fairly certain the output is way below say FM or CD through the HU. I'll mess with it a bit more and update. Thanks for stopping by.

Back