• Register Today It's free!

Alarm goes off randomly

llamaking122

Reaction score
City, State
Worthington, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mountaineer V8
so my alarm like too go off randomly flashing light blaring horn the whole shebang. but if i hit unlock and lock a couple times (with the key fob) it goes out then later it goes back off again when i leave it locked. so lately ive been leaving it unlocked and hiding my faceplate but i dont feel safe leaving unlocked. is there a thing i can disconnect maybe a fuse or something because my neighbors dont like it

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is it the stock alarm? (Asking because I didnt think 1st gens had them?)

Is it the stock alarm? (Asking because I didnt think 1st gens had them?)

ya it is my dad has a 94 XLT with the same problem. it happens more in winter than summer.

Well the only advice I can give (My 95 did it), is to lock the doors by hand (So it doesnt arm the alarm with the fob)

My alarm randomly would start to go off for no reason at all. Over and over, so thats what I did to get it to work.

i disconnected the speaker from my alarm. not recommended if you live in a high crime area... but it was getting annoying to me.

ok so i have been locking my doors manualy lately. and i noticed today i decided too hit my lock button and when i did the "anti-lock" light on the dash went solid. what would cause that?

You obviously have a ground/power issue going on here. Sounds like the wiring is crossed somewhere and something is grounding out. grab a wiring diagram of the alarm and see where it takes you.

ok can i just disable it?? i think its because the window above it leaks so i read somewhere that you can pull one of the connecters is that true?

I would think you can disable the alarm although, I am unsure though of which fuse it is related to. The fuse could be just for the alarm but it could also be for say the interior lights. Check your owners manual and go from there. If the fuse controls a bunch of things grab a wiring diagram and just cut the power wired to the alarm if its bothering you too much.

My alarm started going off randomly today. It has only happened once before, years ago, while driving in heavy rain.

Today, it is raining heavily and has been for a couple days. Suddenly the horn and the headlights start honking and flashing very fast. Messing with the lock and unlock works once in a while. I get the truck to shutup and then 10 minutes later I hear it go off again outside.

So I am also thinking there is a bad ground or short somewhere. I finally just disconnected the battery for now.

Does anyone know where I can find the alarm wiring diagram?

Back