2016 Headlights Cool - Fogs SUCK...... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Headlights Cool - Fogs SUCK......

TMack2300

Reaction score
City, State
Livonia, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
I'm starting to see the new 2016's and the headlights are freaking sweet!!!
I think they are LED.. :cool

Today i finally seen a 2016 with the headlights and fog lights on and i wanted to cry!!! :confused:

Halogen fogs with LED headlights??? Freaking useless.... They are not lighting **** up... The C shape lens is stupid too...
I love my 2014 with the round fogs so much better especially since i put HID's in both headlights and fogs and they match perfectly with the 6000K bulbs

What do you guys think???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I havent seen the 16 yet but what 6k are you using?

I havent seen the 16 yet but what 6k are you using?

I went with cool bulbs first and they sucked... sent them back and went with DIODE DYNAMICS and wow what a difference in quality... No problems for about a year and a half.. TOP NOTCH ****..

While I also don't like the color mis-match, fogs aren't all about power as that counters the real design/function but lower K rating and flat light output.

I agree on the round, until I see a 2016 in person (this weekend probably) the new fog design does nothing for me.

I'm starting to see the new 2016's and the headlights are freaking sweet!!!
I think they are LED.. :cool

Today i finally seen a 2016 with the headlights and fog lights on and i wanted to cry!!! :confused:

Halogen fogs with LED headlights??? Freaking useless.... They are not lighting **** up... The C shape lens is stupid too...
I love my 2014 with the round fogs so much better especially since i put HID's in both headlights and fogs and they match perfectly with the 6000K bulbs

What do you guys think???

Here is the thread about it.
I had the same feeling about my fog lights, so I switched to LED bulbs. Yes, you can argue about the functionality, but I hardly encounter any fog, so I have them running with my low beams the whole time.

I went with cool bulbs first and they sucked... sent them back and went with DIODE DYNAMICS and wow what a difference in quality... No problems for about a year and a half.. TOP NOTCH ****..

I'm thinking of upgrading my stock lights and fogs on my 15' Sport. Can you shoot a couple pics of your Ex with the lights and fogs on around dusk for me please? Also, where can I get them if I like what I see???

Thanks so much!

-HamHands

I saw a 16' last weekend at niagara falls (canada side).
the lights are sweet haha and the back doesn't look too bad at all!
the car did have halogen fog lights though.
if it was me, id switch to HID on both haha

I ordered my 16 sport yesterday and they added to led fog option. That option just became available on the sport.

Has anyone thought of just swapping the fog bulbs out to amber? Mite look better :thumbsup:

do the diode dynamics cause the fast blinking and need resistors? (I haven't done HID upgrades in a LONG time...)

changed the lights. still not in love with the c shape but the white looks way better in my opinion.

changed the lights. still not in love with the c shape but the white looks way better in my opinion.

Ok ok!!! I thought they looked better!!! I just wasnt sure!!!
At least the color and brightness match now... I like..
What did u do? Hid conversion? Or led? Your headlights are LED correct?!

the low beams are led and i swapped out the fogs with led bulbs. i dont know why ford didnt make the highs led...

the low beams are led and i swapped out the fogs with led bulbs. i dont know why ford didnt make the highs led...

I would imagine for overall cost and output, could also be life-cycle as the police versions probably use the same "out of the box" high beam assemblies for the "wig-wag"
wigwags.gif

Hoping to see LED high beam assemblies soon.. i'd love to buy one ^_^

Looks nice. What brand and part number and how difficult to change out the fogs?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Fogs are yellow for functional reasons. Studies show that you can see better in fog with that color. Also brighter fogs do not help. Try turning your high beam on in fog and you'll understand why.

Back