Vibrations in passengers foot well. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Vibrations in passengers foot well.

Linedog

Reaction score
City, State
Pacific North West
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer
Hello all, sorry for this being my first post. I just bought a Ford certified new 2014 Explorer, great car in every way except one. I have a vibration in the front passenger footwell at 30-32 MPH. Been to the dealer 3 times so far, first time I was told it was my license plate frame, second time it was a loose heat shield, this last time they balanced the tires and said the RF was .250 outta balance. It's still vibrating at 30-32 no higher, it starts at 30 and stops at 32, any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Linedog.:wavey:
It would help if you added the model of your Explorer to your profile so it will show in the margin when you post. Not all models have the same features. The Limited and Sport come with 20" tires and at times they may flat spot and cause a vibration for a minute or so. I doubt that would be the issue here. It could just be a bad tire. You could try swapping the right front with the right rear and see if you still have the vibration in the footwell. If you do, then that should eliminate the tire as the cause. Has the dealer checked the right front suspension parts?

Peter

Still working on adding my specs, the RF was balanced at the dealer on Thursday. Still have the vibration, should I swap the RF with the RR just to rule out the tire/wheel combo?

Still working on adding my specs, the RF was balanced at the dealer on Thursday. Still have the vibration, should I swap the RF with the RR just to rule out the tire/wheel combo?
That was my suggestion but it's up to you. I can't think of an easier way to eliminate the wheel/tire. If the vibration is still as it was then perhaps a look at the suspension system might be in order if there is nothing there that currently stands out as being the problem.
Other members may have other ideas. Good luck.

Peter

It would help if you added the model of your Explorer to your profile so it will show in the margin when you post.

Still working on adding my specs,

I can't figure out how to add specs to my ID block. I found the switch to turn Vehicle Specs on and off, but I don't know where to go to enter the information ... what am I missing?

I get vibs all the time in the floors and gas pedal..my issue right now..have no clue what it is

Back