• Register Today It's free!

Advice on Lift Kit

Chamberlain75

Reaction score
City, State
San Jose
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Ford Explorer XLT
Hi guys, yes yes I know there is a lot of threads regarding the lift kits but I want to hear from experience which 2' inch lift kit do you recommend me to install in my Explorer. I live in Costa Rica and currently working outside the city and using my Explorer a lot on the off road stuff.

Also, does anybody knows about a snorkel that fits the 93' Explorer?

Thanks
Francisco Chamberlain

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you want a kit that will actually improve off-road performance, I would look at the James Duff 2.5" kit, or the Rancho 2.5" kit.

There no snorkel made for Explorers, but search for threads here, plenty people have made their own.

The Duff Lift was awesome! You can click the link at the bottom of this post to be taken to my thread which has me doing the 2" lift start to finish. The only down side of the Duff Lift is that the coils sag after use. All the other components are bomb-proof!

Just get the rough country 2" lift. Its cheap. Coils and add a leaf. Have to get longer shocks as well. I went with James Duff shocks.

I installed the Rancho 2.5" lift kit years ago. love the improved stability and the larger wheels, but be prepared to add mudflaps or super large flanges to keep mud down. Side of car is ALWAYS covered in heavy dirt, just driving daily as live in an area with gravel roads. One trip down the driveway and local road and no one would never know it had been washed.

Also, from very early on after the lift, had a "pinging" from something in one of the shocks up front. Don't know what it was for sure, but has always been an issue, and possibly something I could had tuned/adjusted with the Edelbrock adjustable shocks, but, well, never did. Very 'truck" suspension... not the smooth sedan city-ride that some might want if is the family car (or as smooth as the stock setup was).

Back