LED back up, license plate & puddle lights | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

LED back up, license plate & puddle lights

roamingphantom

Reaction score
City, State
NYC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 EX Limited, 302A
Hi folks, just got these from CarID and geez what a classy look. The backup lights are awesome and the license plate ones are just very nice. I'll post pics later tonight. If you are looking to do this improvement you wont regret it one bit

Lumen® 7440CW - Replacement LED Bulb (7440, White) (backup)

Lumen® SM194CW - Replacement Short LED Bulb (194 / T10, White) (license plate)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

finally got around to uploading some pics..

License plate: Lumen® SM194CW - Replacement Short LED Bulb (194 / T10, White)

4b152f4b-9973-44ed-b4f6-04d506214cc6_zpsm1y473ci.jpg

Backup light: Lumen® 7440CW - Replacement LED Bulb (7440, White)

20150726_210146_zpsfnr6jlbj.jpg

fe17d26e-ba7d-41cf-b5d5-2b40b5756cd3_zpsyc63d8ku.jpg

And one with the puddle lights that I did a while back:

20150726_210057_zps3fljpvtw.jpg

Makes a big difference, does it? Looks good!

what lights did you use for the puddle lights and how were you able to close it?
besides that, it looks great!

I also got mine from drivebright

I just got mine. That head line is old news not sure why it is still on the website.
PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK OF THE BRIGHT TRAX LED PUDDLE LIGHT PACKS. A NEW SHIPMENT WILL BE ARRIVING EARLY IN THE WEEK OF JULY 26TH. ALL ORDERS WILL SHIP IMMEDIATELY UPON ARRIVAL. SORRY, IN ADVANCE, FOR THE SLIGHT DELAY.

Dan (the owner) is a good guy and when I had an issue, not only was he responsive - he went above and beyond to support.

Now if drivebright can just come up with a good plug in replacement with HID/LED DRL for the headlights. :)

Possibly by late this year

Every licence plate led I've tried has a mismatched beam pattern between the left and right bulbs. Why Ford decided to have the bulbs both facing down and to the right instead of having both aimed towards the license plate is beyond me.

Just ordering those puddle lights. They look great!

They are by far the brightest on the market.They are not just a single LED bulb, but a COB (circuit on board) which is a series of LEDs on a circular board. Great choice, you will be able to find a contact lens laying on the street with those or change a flat.

They are by far the brightest on the market.They are not just a single LED bulb, but a COB (circuit on board) which is a series of LEDs on a circular board. Great choice, you will be able to find a contact lens laying on the street with those or change a flat.

Wow! You weren't kidding, those puddle lights are super bright. I am happy I got them so quick from Drive Bright.

Every licence plate led I've tried has a mismatched beam pattern between the left and right bulbs. Why Ford decided to have the bulbs both facing down and to the right instead of having both aimed towards the license plate is beyond me.

I'm new here, but is there a fix for this?

Can you just change the puddle light bulbs themselves, or have people been running into fitment issues?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check out the LED sticky at the top of the forum. Lots of tutorials in there on how to change every bulb in the car to LED including the puddle light. The puddle lights are very simple to change if you have a dremel, takes 5 min. Everything from bulb sizes to product links is in that thread. Check out page 13 post 256 for a step by step to change every bulb to LED.

Back