Advice needed and question - Replacement turbo on back order for 2013 Explorer XLT? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Advice needed and question - Replacement turbo on back order for 2013 Explorer XLT?

LedZeppelin

Reaction score
City, State
South Windsor, Connecticut
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer XLT
I just bought a 2013 Explorer XLT 2.0 from a non-Ford dealer on 7/10, long story short I noticed a "rattle" whenever I took my foot off the gas the very day I brought it home. Upon returning to the dealer I bought it from, they couldn't figure out what it was, so I took it to my local Ford dealer on 7/20 (their first available opening), they diagnosed the problem as a bad turbo and advised not to drive the vehicle as whatever is rattling could break loose and get sucked into the engine, seizing it. They then said the turbo is on back order and won't be available until around 8/14 at the earliest. Has anyone else heard of this or have had this problem?

The dealer I bought the vehicle from advised me to take the car to the Ford dealership, which I was going to do anyway, and they said they would pay for the repair. They have also been paying for my rental vehicle up to this point. I have my first payment due on 8/22 for a vehicle I bought and have not been able to drive through no fault of mine. Should I press the dealer I bought it from to possibly make my payment for me? Or should I not press the issue? Possibly seek legal council for them selling me a lemon? I am in Connecticut, I have to look up the laws for this state on dealers selling inoperable vehicles.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm just extremely frustrated at this point.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oops missed that it was a 2.0. Lemon laws generally pertain to new vehicle purchases and even then it multiple repairs or be unavailable to the owner for a length of period (here it is a month). Sounds to me like the dealer you bought it from is very willing to help you out which is great. Let Ford fix it and enjoy it afterward.

I just bought a 2013 Explorer XLT 2.0 from a non-Ford dealer on 7/10, long story short I noticed a "rattle" whenever I took my foot off the gas the very day I brought it home. Upon returning to the dealer I bought it from, they couldn't figure out what it was, so I took it to my local Ford dealer on 7/20 (their first available opening), they diagnosed the problem as a bad turbo and advised not to drive the vehicle as whatever is rattling could break loose and get sucked into the engine, seizing it. They then said the turbo is on back order and won't be available until around 8/14 at the earliest. Has anyone else heard of this or have had this problem?

The dealer I bought the vehicle from advised me to take the car to the Ford dealership, which I was going to do anyway, and they said they would pay for the repair. They have also been paying for my rental vehicle up to this point. I have my first payment due on 8/22 for a vehicle I bought and have not been able to drive through no fault of mine. Should I press the dealer I bought it from to possibly make my payment for me? Or should I not press the issue? Possibly seek legal council for them selling me a lemon? I am in Connecticut, I have to look up the laws for this state on dealers selling inoperable vehicles.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm just extremely frustrated at this point.

I think you got a very good dealer! Wish we had them here like that!

The original dealer is paying for repairs >>and<< supplying you with a rental?

Responsible dealer.

Since they are providing a replacement vehicle at no cost to you - no, they should not make your payment.

Agreed, they are paying for your rental - 'nuff said.

Thanks guys, I've never had to go through this before so your input greatly helps.

Hey cwescape, I was interested in getting HID as my the Acura I traded in had them, is it as simple as getting the lamps, or, I see you did a conversion, how difficult would it be to do?

Back