Questions 2016 Explorer Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Questions 2016 Explorer Sport

ShiloJess

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
Hi again,
I am in the process of ordering my Explorer Sport(yes finally decided). I am ordering the White Platinum, with dual moon-roof.

I have noticed people here and other sites talking about a 401 package, the only option I had was a 400A, but it seems it contained all available options from 401, is this so?

What does the gauge cluster look like? I have seen both a center gauge only and the cluster which appears to have two, I am assuming a Tach? Whis is the corect one?

Does all seats have the red stitching?

Is there a difference between the US model and the Canadian one?

Does anyone out there have a 2016 Sport with some interior pictures?

Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi again,
I am in the process of ordering my Explorer Sport(yes finally decided). I am ordering the White Platinum, with dual moon-roof.

I have noticed people here and other sites talking about a 401 package, the only option I had was a 400A, but it seems it contained all available options from 401, is this so?

What does the gauge cluster look like? I have seen both a center gauge only and the cluster which appears to have two, I am assuming a Tach? Whis is the corect one?

Does all seats have the red stitching?

Is there a difference between the US model and the Canadian one?

Does anyone out there have a 2016 Sport with some interior pictures?

Thank you

I'll try to answer your questions tu me best knowledge!

First package 401A doesn't exist in Canada, let's say in Canada the 400A package is like a 400.5A package in the states! You get to choose navigation as extra in canada. Hand-free lifgate comes standard in Canada anyway You get what I'm saying I hope!

The cluster iis fully digital and customizable My best guess is can display whatever you want on it!!

Yes all the seats have red stiching on them

Basically they is no diffrence between the US and Canadian models except for packaging and how you can option it out! But basically the "base" sport in Canada comes better equipped then the US model..

Hope I was clear!

I'll try to answer your questions tu me best knowledge!

First package 401A doesn't exist in Canada, let's say in Canada the 400A package is like a 400.5A package in the states! You get to choose navigation as extra in canada. Hand-free lifgate comes standard in Canada anyway You get what I'm saying I hope!

The cluster iis fully digital and customizable My best guess is can display whatever you want on it!!

Yes all the seats have red stiching on them

Basically they is no diffrence between the US and Canadian models except for packaging and how you can option it out! But basically the "base" sport in Canada comes better equipped then the US model..

Hope I was clear!

Great thanks. But the navigation does come with the 400 package, only real add ons are the DVD headrests $2100 moonroof $1750 and the cruise control with brake assisit, for $1500...I believe the rest is in the 400 package, just needed to know if my dealer website was not correct.

I just order the 2016 sport and I think the twin guages you see are for the platinum, at least that is where i always see it; Navigation does come with cdn edition. Only real options I had other than accessories to add was, roof, seating configuration, 2nd Row Console, adaptive cruise, and rear heat rest dvd screens. Other than that they come decked out really. check out ford.ca and build, base pretty much has everything included.

I just order the 2016 sport and I think the twin guages you see are for the platinum, at least that is where i always see it; Navigation does come with cdn edition. Only real options I had other than accessories to add was, roof, seating configuration, 2nd Row Console, adaptive cruise, and rear heat rest dvd screens. Other than that they come decked out really. check out ford.ca and build, base pretty much has everything included.

agree about you and the Platinum gauge clustert but I have seen both for the Sport, and the one with the dual gauges is the one on this site http://www.fleet.ford.com/edms/order-guides/?geography=NATL&brand=Ford&model=Explorer
the confusion you see.

I prefer the dual cluster, one with the tach on the left and the speedometer on the right, like the Platinum, hope the Sport has it like the ford fleet site shows in the pictures.:)

The upholstery guide shows the Sport with the gauges of the base model. The hero card on the fleet site shows the proper gauges. Only the Platinum gets the dual cluster. All others except the base get a speedometer in the middle with screens on both sides.

The upholstery guide shows the Sport with the gauges of the base model. The hero card on the fleet site shows the proper gauges. Only the Platinum gets the dual cluster. All others except the base get a speedometer in the middle with screens on both sides.

Why do we know which one is correct? Too bad if your right though.

Thanks

I noticed the same thing however when i test drove a 16 sport at erinwood it had the single guage. i agree dual does look much nicer!

I noticed the same thing however when i test drove a 16 sport at erinwood it had the single guage. i agree dual does look much nicer!

Such it is but i like the dual, IMHO the dual from the Base looks the best with the Platinum a close second. Peace

Why do we know which one is correct? Too bad if your right though.

Thanks

Well, I've looked at 3 different Sports in person, and many more online. All have the single cluster. The digital dual cluster is Platinum trim or Lincoln vehicles only it seems. I've had a couple of loaner MKZs from my dealer when I get my car serviced, and though I'll agree the dual cluster looks nicer, the functionality isn't any different.

Don't know about the 16 but the 15 Sport clusters can be easily reconfigured to show a tach or other things (On left) …the changes are made with the left bank of steering wheel switches… the right bank of switches is used to show radio, nav, etc.

I think it comes to down to the paddle shifters. If the vehicle has them you can display a tach … Lincoln MKZ I had was the same.

I have a '16 Sport, Plat. White, 401a, dual moon-roof, adaptive cruise, 2nd row buckets...

apologies for not pics at this time, but the instrument display is single as you've described. I agree, the dual looks better, but to my knowledge, that's only avail. on the Platinum addition.

If you'd like photos, i can work on providing, just new here and it's my wife's primary vehicle.

I have a '16 Sport, Plat. White, 401a, dual moon-roof, adaptive cruise, 2nd row buckets...

apologies for not pics at this time, but the instrument display is single as you've described. I agree, the dual looks better, but to my knowledge, that's only avail. on the Platinum addition.

If you'd like photos, i can work on providing, just new here and it's my wife's primary vehicle.

Thank you sir, no apologies needed. Suree post a a few pictures if you can, but no biggie if you can't. Sure wish it had the dual gauges, such it is though.

Okay, My apologies for taking a while to get these, just absent minded. Also, first time trying to put photos here, so again, apologies if I don't get this right the first time.

Single instrument in center, along with Tach on left.
16_Sport_instrument_cluster_zpsl0nl48oo.jpg

3rd row seats have red stitching.... 2nd row buckets do also.
16_Sport_3rd_row_stitching_zpsnujxfy0n.jpg

Has anyone actually seen a production Platinum? It seemed that the dual gage instrument cluster was associated with Sync 3 but we have heard that won't be available on 2016 explorers. I won't believe the dual cluster until they are actually being build. Early test cars could have either.

Okay, My apologies for taking a while to get these, just absent minded. Also, first time trying to put photos here, so again, apologies if I don't get this right the first time.

16_Sport_instrument_cluster_zpsl0nl48oo.jpg

16_Sport_3rd_row_stitching_zpsnujxfy0n.jpg

Thank you. BTW I noticed they improved the gauge, that is the removed the gear shifter display from the silly right side and put in on the bottom, hence improving the speedometer to display the the 50km/hr in the usually 10 to 2:00 and not the 20 mins to the hour of.
Just the little things make a big difference.

Can you move the 2nd row seats back? Is it on rails or is it fixed and you can only recline?

Can you move the 2nd row seats back? Is it on rails or is it fixed and you can only recline?

On the Sport you can move the 2nd row bucks back and forth about 4" on rails. Believe you can recline as well but didn't pay attention to that. Just picked mine up last night.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you get the bucket seats, both can move back and forth. If you get the bench seats, the single seat will move back and forth, but the double seat will not. I am not sure on the reclining, but I think they all recline.

Back