What did you do to your 5th Gen? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Hi Peter

2011 limited. I don't think it makes any sense if XLT or limited.

Cheers
If you use them to replace your OEM wheels then the diameter difference would only be -0.62%. Well within the standard 3% range.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dear Peter

Thank you for the answer. And it fits w/o problem without modifying the body for 22x9.5 285 35 22?

Cheers

Dear Peter

Thank you for the answer. And it fits w/o problem without modifying the body for 22x9.5 285 35 22?

Cheers
I can't really say for sure but I would think so. The diameter of the wheels are almost the same. Holliwood installed them on his XLT and I don't recall seeing that any modification was required. You could always send him a private message to make sure.

Peter

IMG_2789.jpg
IMG_2790.jpg
IMG_2791.jpg
IMG_2792.jpg
Hello all. I'm new here and I thought this would be a cool thread to have to show the little things (and big) that we do to our X's on a day to day basis. I searched to see if there was something like this and didn't find anything.

This is what I did today. I was sick of the glare on the Sync screen and the fingerprints it leaves. I bought an anti glare screen protector custom cut for the screen. The glare is greatly reduced but you can still see the fingerprints. Not that as bad as before though. It doesn't mess with the touch screen at all. Here are some pics. I used some tape to get all of the dust off, but the protector is so big that I caught some dust specs during installation. Oh well.

Let's see those daily posts!

uhm that's a pretty good idea - how does it do on finger smudges etc?

I've thought about doing that on the 16 but other than measuring and buying something generic hadn't really looked that hard.

I bought that same product for my 2014 and loved how it reduced the fingerprints. I may buy it for my new 2016 Sport today.

Good idea! Today, I ordered LED fog replacement bulbs for the 2016 Limited that I drove home from the dealership last night!

Not near as sexy as protector but...

I subscribed to an unlimited use of a local car wash, with hot wax and tire treatment on a monthly basis. Really makes a difference in the look, and no longer have to rainex my windows. Can wash it everyday, at a monthly fixed price.

I also discovered (albeit late) that using newspaper instead of paper towels or a cloth works great on cleaning the vinyl fume residue on the inside of the windows.

I have mine protected since 2012 and still working great.

Put DeeZee side rails, black ford ovals front and back and 35% tint on front windows on my Black Sport.

:exp:

So far the only thing I did was 20% tint on the 2 front windows to match the rest. No other plans for now. I actually like the way my Limited it looks from the factory - the black grill, 20" 5-star wheels, etc. Oh, I might also upgrade the headlights with a HID conversion kit.

On my 2016 Sport, I did LED fog lamps (Thanks Britta-S), added the window visor/vent shades, and am awaiting shipment of the LED puddle lamps / license plate bulbs.

Under the hood, I changed the oil at 2000 miles and began to run Pennzoil Premium Full Synthetic and will run Top Tier regular or Shell/BP high octane for the detergents.

Future State: I would like to purchase the 2012-2015 Sport wheels. Love the "sportier" look of them and the engraved "Sport" but not sure if the senors are the same. I would love to put a larger sub woofer in the back in the same location (I do not want a bulky box). I plan on doing some sort of tint to match the other windows and would like to add the side rails / running boards. Lastly, I intend to look into options of the Bull bars when they become available.

Love the power, refinement and smoothness of this vehicle. Coming from a Durango - never again

So far the only thing I did was 20% tint on the 2 front windows to match the rest. No other plans for now. I actually like the way my Limited it looks from the factory - the black grill, 20" 5-star wheels, etc. Oh, I might also upgrade the headlights with a HID conversion kit.

thought the 2015 Limited comes with Factory HID projectors for the low beams.

thought the 2015 Limited comes with Factory HID projectors for the low beams.

it does not; unfortunately that is an upgrade option. :(

Installed Ford bug deflector, OEM factory Explorer all-weather mats, 20% tint on front 2 windows to match sides, and 5% tint eyebrow. VG Sharkfin antenna coming next month.

IMG_20150723_201529259_HDR_zpsf8ncpgfb.jpg

IMG_20150723_201500703_zpsaecnayid.jpg

Installed Ford bug deflector, OEM factory Explorer all-weather mats, 20% tint on front 2 windows to match sides, and 5% tint eyebrow. VG Sharkfin antenna coming next month.

IMG_20150723_201529259_HDR_zpsf8ncpgfb.jpg

IMG_20150723_201500703_zpsaecnayid.jpg

I am planning to tint my front windows just like yours and the add the eyebrow.
your explorer looks great!
i definitely cant wait to do it on my XSport.

besides that, i have interior led lights, HID on headlights and fogs.
im probably going to add the shark antenna eventually.

Today I got the Xpel clear bra on and the all weather mat that goes in the cargo well behind the third row. So far loving our X.

image-2113964622.jpg
Added LED puddle lights. Such a huge difference!

^^ don't they? :)

Today I added the Ford OEM Cargo net (envelope) replacing the one I had from my KIA (just wasn't "big" enough to be really useful).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

In the past week I added the full 3rd row Ford all weather mat and a K&N filter only replacement. I also took the time to clean out all the oil that was in the inlet tube between the airbox and the throttle body.

Back