Lynchy's wagon | Page 33 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Thought I'd register my rig. Bought her in 2008 65k miles on the clock for $18 grand, always been happy with her until I caught the modding bug (you *******s, yeah you know who you's are). So now I'm extremely happy and love my x and decided to post some pics in here.

This is when I first got her.

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 2,655
  • Picture 086 (Small).jpg
    Picture 086 (Small).jpg
    33 KB · Views: 2,519
  • Picture 012 (Small).jpg
    Picture 012 (Small).jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 2,525
  • Picture 009 (Small).jpg
    Picture 009 (Small).jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 2,480

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I feel late to the party. I noticed the black looking vehicle in the little side bar while reading old threads. Then look up threads and find this one. The paint job looks good.

Also since I'm a little behind I believe you still have the 1.5" lift installed. If so, have you ever noticed bending in the rear bumper due to it being supported by the hitch which is now 1.5" lower?

G'day mate, paints holding up well after 3ish months. I'm happy with it. The prep work was just a clean with windex window cleaner then spray with paint. Mainly in case I didnt dig it I could use solvent to remove. I think its held cos the 10 year old duco was pretty rough.

The 1.5" bodylift is still sitting in the back room mate, so cant help ya with the bumper sag, sorry. Will be putting in the susp. lift soon as me back is getting a little worse year by year and I'd rather bring the seat up to me bum than me bum down to the seat:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I talked to a local NFL player the other day, and he had his expensive Audi. The finish on it was matte black. I asked him about it, and told me it was done with a clear vinyl wrap.. :eek:

Never sussed out the vinyl wraps before but seen some ripper camo ones on the internet. Must be alright if people are chucking them on audi's:eek::D

Plastidip paint could be another option but reckon that'd be a mighty pricey alternative...

...Hahahahahahahaha Wonder if Turdles ever powdercoated a whole car before? :D :D :D

The vinyl wrap seems very durable IMO. I know anything like a decal or sticker will take forever to blast off in my cabinet. In fact, I don't even waste my time anymore. I remove the decal and adhesive before it goes into the cabinet. I'd say the vinyl wrap would be as durable as powdercoat in that respect. If not it would have to be very close.
I've seen some pretty impressive wrap jobs. I like the stuff. :thumbsup:

If someone would build an oven to fit their car, I would love to dust it. :D

I hear they can be heated with torpedo heaters and a metal fan set inside to circulate if that gets any ideas going-

Schweet!!! The oven might fix the saggy bumper too;);) Two birds with one stone!

I knew ya couldnt resist a challenge Jon!:D

:( G'day fellas, sad day today as I sold Uma :(

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for 6 years of help, laughs and mateship. Words cant convey what yous have all done for me (and Uma!)

So muchas gracias and via condios (I aint gone churchy, just really dig that saying :D)

Heres a pic of the new ute. Falcon XR8 running a 290 kw 5.4 liter V8. Edit and me last pic of Uma

Stay safe everyone!

Attachments

• SDC10446.JPG
    SDC10446.JPG
    276.4 KB · Views: 224
  • SDC10441 (Medium).JPG
    SDC10441 (Medium).JPG
    97 KB · Views: 199

Damn, sorry to hear you sold Uma.

I think we should be thanking you, Greg. I have had many laughs with your posts and antics.

Don't disappear!! :chug:

Hahahahaha no worries mate :D

Sold her to me sister so I'll be staying on just in case things go pear shaped.

Take it easy Mike!

I think you'd better stick around to see what we say when you turn your back:D

I like the new ride! I wish we could get that kind of thing here. Looks very fun and useful.

:D:D:D

Yeah mate, she drives like a dream and grunt to spare...Shes abit quiet at idle but I plan to (here we go :eek: ) run a cat back old school dual 3" system with hooker aerochamber mufflers, dumped at the diff. No H or X pipe:D

Sorry to hear u old Uma good to know its still in family and good to hear from u! And Krikey your new ride is Awesome!!!!!!!

Thanks mate! :D

Its cool seeing Uma come down the driveway each week and shes always spotless!

The ute is a great substitute although I still reach down to open my door from the inside then reach up to the door handle, old habits are hard to break :D

Shes got 275/20 on the bum an 245/20" rubber up front. I didnt think they'd last too long but arent anywhere near as harsh as I expected so winner winner chicken dinner :D

Shes the last model of XR8 utes built as ford decided to only do the XR6 turbo for the FGX ute and game over for the falcon next year after 50 years of local production :(

The only plus is that the mustang will be in showrooms this year.... :D

Back