I feel bad for this guy... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I feel bad for this guy...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice video for a 2015 Explorer XLT !!!!! Guess some dealers can't tell the difference between the '15 &'16 !!!!!

Nice video for a 2015 Explorer XLT !!!!! Guess some dealers can't tell the difference between the '15 &'16 !!!!!

Not too surprised. I went to two Ford dealerships and I ended up teaching the sales person about all of the features on the 2016. One of them didn't even know it came with a 4 cylinder option!

Very typical of dealers these days. I have no tolerance for salesman who don't have any knowLedge. I am impressed with sales and management staff of a dealer who actually own the brand they sell.

Very typical of dealers these days. I have no tolerance for salesman who don't have any knowLedge. I am impressed with sales and management staff of a dealer who actually own the brand they sell.

More reason why I'm a fan of what Tesla is doing with their dealerships.

It amazes me that buyers are not running into sales people who are car buffs or at least into the cars they sell - dont they realize that if they know all the ins/outs of the lines they are selling, they will do better all the time?

Especially with the cars now-full of tech as well as safety features but generally the higher trims have more of these features,= more questions, more reassurance required, more money/financing-(as well as better consumers who know what they want).

And HS if the sales people and the service dept ever joined forces and kept up the appearance of working together - well they could rake it in, but instead dealerships seem to maintain an attitude that began back when it all began.

I went to a local dealership to see the new Shadow black on the '16 explorer, the salesman said they may have got one in today, so when we walked the lot he kept looking at window stickers on the 2015's and I'm like :hammer: ... Well they didn't get it yet and his manager looked at me stupidly and said "its the same black as the '15 it doesn't matter!"

Not all of them love the vehicles and pay attention, to most its just a paycheck. :D

The salesperson I bought from is a LONG time friend of mine who just started selling cars for the first time. He was telling me there was no difference between 2015/2016. I'm glad I found this and other web sites. I was gentle with my friend, but agree here that most sales people just want to get the deal and will say whatever they can look confident saying.

The salesperson I bought from is a LONG time friend of mine who just started selling cars for the first time. He was telling me there was no difference between 2015/2016. I'm glad I found this and other web sites. I was gentle with my friend, but agree here that most sales people just want to get the deal and will say whatever they can look confident saying.

Over the years I've had many auto sales people refer to the vehicles they sell as "units". I think that tells you all you need to know...

Those are '16 wheels on that '15 Explorer though! Maybe it is a pre-production prototype!

Back