What did YOU do to your Explorer today? | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did YOU do to your Explorer today?

Changed the fuel filler neck out and got rid of the fuel leak on inclines. mounted my spare shafts to my roll cage. drove 2.5 hrs to Ivy Branch trail system, wheeled double blacks, drove it back home cruising at 75 mph. need to figure out a ps fluid leak, adjust the tie rod and change the rh exhaust manifold gasket.

butchersblock1_zpsul6tdopk.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Replaced the cruise control module and took it for a test drive to discover that it fixed the problem. Lovely.

Trans Filter / Fluid Change :thumbsup: Bought Tensioners ill be putting in tomorrow to stop the "cold start rattle" :thumbsup:

Coolant flush and fill today. Trans pan drop with new filter and also installing an aux inline filter tomorrow, maybe Tues.

I also hookup a Voltage Stabilizer. These are popular with tuner cars i had one before on import car I once owned. They been dynoed to give 1-5 HP and 1-5lbs of torque.

How many HP does the mayonnaise jar add?

(BTW: Unless you're talking about go-carts, snow blowers, and lawn mowers, anything that is claimed to add 1-5HP is within the margin of error for testing equipment and environmental factors such as ambient temperatures, barometric pressure, oil viscosity, and the alignment of the planets. If you control for all those other factors, the claim will fall apart.)

Added a husky liner for the 3rd row seating area, and the cargo area of our 5th generation sport.

Last month I added a factory OEM roof rack, a Tekonsha Primus IQ brake controller and an appropriately sized ball mount for our trailer.

I learned how to run the RABS self-test diagnostic to make sure I'm not wasting money in buying new parts. System said there was high resistance to the diff sensor but naturally when I went to use my multimeter, it's on the fritz. New multimeter & RABS sensor ordered :D

Pulled my ECU out and inspected for corrosion and leaking caps. Pristine!!!

Pulled TTB to change out original ujoints and replace stub shafts with Chromo shafts from Bronco Grave Yard.

Pulled out ECU and checked for corrosion and leaking caps. None!!!

Also pulled TTB apart to replace worn original u-joints and a broken stub shaft. Replaced with nice Spicer replacements and a chromo stubaxle from Bronco Graveyard.

Almost ready for winter!!

Oops! Sorry for double post...had a glitch while posting!!

Brought it back safely from Yosemite and gave it a big fat wet kiss as she has done 230,000 miles now ! :)

Verified my faulty RABS sensor with a multimeter. Praise the Ford engineers that designed and put this thing together. Being able to run on board diagnostics easily on the ABS module and diagnosing the sensor through a plug/port in the engine compartment, avoiding having to crawl underneath the rear and contort myself.

Removed and replaced the transmission cooling line that runs from the bottom of the radiator to the secondary cooler via tubing. Used a 3/8" brake line and reused the old fitting. Cost about $20 after buying a $13 tubing bender.

After some maintenance we bed lined my buddies truck

894E1A87-D4DB-480F-BA15-ACBC6838D918_zps3nm8tari.jpg

C081E460-0904-4D91-A078-6BD07AC5F465_zpsemyz7tbz.jpg

Bed liner came out great! What brand did you go with?

Replaced old tired battery with a new one.

Just Rustolium brand it went on good and is tough for sure

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back