2016 Platinum Late Production? | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Platinum Late Production?

I talked to my dealer today. My order status is the same as it has been the last three weeks. I ordered a Platinum on 7/15, got my VIN about two weeks later with a build week of 9/21.
Tricia backed this up, as well.

We'll see how this works.

TW

How does one get ahold of Tricia????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

https://www.flickr.com/gp/96202699@N02/9f864m
20905011836_b6e22e9326_z.jpg

Looks great but I still don't understand why Ford didn't put folding armrests on the 2nd row "captain's chairs". I don't really consider armless seats to be captain's chairs. :mad:

Looks great but I still don't understand why Ford didn't put folding armrests on the 2nd row "captain's chairs". I don't really consider armless seats to be captain's chairs. :mad:

The build and price guide calls them bucket seats, not captains chairs. However, the same on the Expedition and they do have folding armrests. That seems like an oversight to me. I guess, they assume you will be belted in so you won't fall off the seat. Seems like it would be far more comfortable with an armrest there.

Sorry to be so thick, do you mean message on Twitter, Facebook or some other medium? :)

no worries Bill. click your login in the upper right corner. Then click unread private messages, then compose a New private message (PM) to the username FordService. Alternatively you can click on the name FordService on one of their posts in this thread and then click send private message.

The build and price guide calls them bucket seats, not captains chairs. However, the same on the Expedition and they do have folding armrests. That seems like an oversight to me. I guess, they assume you will be belted in so you won't fall off the seat. Seems like it would be far more comfortable with an armrest there.

I agree. Very hard (if not impossible) to get comfortable in a seat with no arms. And center consoles are usually too low for my liking. I think we'll stick with the 2nd row bench seat.

I have been reading for the past few weeks here in the forum about so called delays into the production of the Platinums and although everyone's situation is different I just wanted to share a conversation I had with my local Ford dealer today.

Today I received a called from my local Ford Dealer here in Queens , N.Y. (not the one that I have placed my order with) and the salesman there wanted to know if I was interested in an Explorer Platinum since they have two of them been deliver the first week of September. Even though both are "special orders" he thinks one of the two people that placed the order may be changing his mind. I did tell him that I had already placed my special order with another dealer and unless he has the Platinum exactly how I wanted it then we can make a deal. He told me that one of them was in the white Platinum with the dual headrest DVD screens but no 2nd row center console with the two bucket seats. I thank him for letting me know but since it wasn't the way that I wanted my Platinum I was going to pass on it.

While talking to him I asked him how long did it take the dealer to get these Explorer Platinums and to my surprise he told me around 8-10 weeks max. He told me that the two orders were placed at the end of June. I asked him if he knows of any delays on the build/delivery or any kind of "hold" on the Platinums and he asked me were did I hear such thing. He told me that as far as he knows or anyone in the dealer there has not been any kind of announcement from Ford with respect to any delays with the Explorer Platinums. He went on to mention that The Platinums that they ordered are been delivered as scheduled in the timely manner which has been between 8-10 weeks from the time when the orders have been placed.

I placed the order with my dealer in New Jersey for my Explorer Platinum this past August 15 and the order has been received by Ford which has been confirmed by Tricia. I am now just waiting patiently for the vin number and then the window sticker with the build day and later on for the delivery day. I have been dealing with the same salesman for over 25 years and he told me that it will take approximately 8 weeks to get the car deliver to the dealer. He also told me that he will keep me posted as soon as he receives the vin # and delivery information. I asked him about any delays on the Platinums and he told me also that he has not receive anything concerning delays on them otherwise he will have told me so I can choose any other SUV since I was also interested in the Expedition Platinum model.

I will keep you all posted of the progress of my Explorer Platinum order and/or any delays.

Best to all,

Carlos

2016 Ford Explorer Platinum
White Platinum
Roof Rail Crossbars
Splash Guards
Wheel Lock Kit
2nd row Console with 2nd Row Bucket Seats
Dual DVD Headrest

Trish, can you ck on my order please? order # V905 and dlr # F24500. Thank you. And can u respond to my email - deantilman@comcast.net.

Since cancelling my Platinum I decided to go with a 2016 Sport. Had my dealer locate the exact color and options I wanted and picked it up today. I'm actually glad it happened the way it did because I am happy with the black interior on the Sport as well as the styling. The extra options the platinum has is nice but weren't totally necessary for me so the trade-off between them and getting something right now and with the black interior was worth it to me.

I have been reading for the past few weeks here in the forum about so called delays into the production of the Platinums and although everyone's situation is different I just wanted to share a conversation I had with my local Ford dealer today.

Today I received a called from my local Ford Dealer here in Queens , N.Y. (not the one that I have placed my order with) and the salesman there wanted to know if I was interested in an Explorer Platinum since they have two of them been deliver the first week of September. Even though both are "special orders" he thinks one of the two people that placed the order may be changing his mind. I did tell him that I had already placed my special order with another dealer and unless he has the Platinum exactly how I wanted it then we can make a deal. He told me that one of them was in the white Platinum with the dual headrest DVD screens but no 2nd row center console with the two bucket seats. I thank him for letting me know but since it wasn't the way that I wanted my Platinum I was going to pass on it.

While talking to him I asked him how long did it take the dealer to get these Explorer Platinums and to my surprise he told me around 8-10 weeks max. He told me that the two orders were placed at the end of June. I asked him if he knows of any delays on the build/delivery or any kind of "hold" on the Platinums and he asked me were did I hear such thing. He told me that as far as he knows or anyone in the dealer there has not been any kind of announcement from Ford with respect to any delays with the Explorer Platinums. He went on to mention that The Platinums that they ordered are been delivered as scheduled in the timely manner which has been between 8-10 weeks from the time when the orders have been placed.

I placed the order with my dealer in New Jersey for my Explorer Platinum this past August 15 and the order has been received by Ford which has been confirmed by Tricia. I am now just waiting patiently for the vin number and then the window sticker with the build day and later on for the delivery day. I have been dealing with the same salesman for over 25 years and he told me that it will take approximately 8 weeks to get the car deliver to the dealer. He also told me that he will keep me posted as soon as he receives the vin # and delivery information. I asked him about any delays on the Platinums and he told me also that he has not receive anything concerning delays on them otherwise he will have told me so I can choose any other SUV since I was also interested in the Expedition Platinum model.

I will keep you all posted of the progress of my Explorer Platinum order and/or any delays.

Best to all,

Carlos

2016 Ford Explorer Platinum
White Platinum
Roof Rail Crossbars
Splash Guards
Wheel Lock Kit
2nd row Console with 2nd Row Bucket Seats
Dual DVD Headrest
My white platinum is sitting in Bayonne, N.J. They changed my ETA to Aug. 30 with the old subject to change thing thrown in for good measure.

I have been reading for the past few weeks here in the forum about so called delays into the production of the Platinums and although everyone's situation is different I just wanted to share a conversation I had with my local Ford dealer today...

I asked him how long did it take the dealer to get these Explorer Platinums and to my surprise he told me around 8-10 weeks max. He told me that the two orders were placed at the end of June. I asked him if he knows of any delays on the build/delivery or any kind of "hold" on the Platinums and he asked me were did I hear such thing. He told me that as far as he knows or anyone in the dealer there has not been any kind of announcement from Ford with respect to any delays with the Explorer Platinums. He went on to mention that The Platinums that they ordered are been delivered as scheduled in the timely manner which has been between 8-10 weeks from the time when the orders have been placed...[/B]

I believe the "glitch" that caused production and delivery delays in early August has been resolved, so it's possible that if you ordered a new Platinum today, you'd get it in 8-10 weeks -- if your dealer has allocation.

Well, got a call from my dealer, scheduled production start on Sept 14 is now pushed to a tentative Oct 12th due to, what they were told, a material issue. They asked about an ETA and none was provided. Guess the wait is on for a little longer.

Does material issue mean material as in supplies, or material as in major problem?

Does material issue mean material as in supplies, or material as in major problem?
I'm guessing it has to do with the material used on the seats as mentioned before.

Peter

Toxic dye used on Chinese leather. Trying to find an alternate supplier.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Jesus, not surprising in the least. Here's an idea...AMERICA!!! :mad:
That was a joke BTW. However, I would t be surprised if it was an issue with a Chinese supplier.

Back