2016 Platinum Late Production? | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Platinum Late Production?

Toxic dye used on Chinese leather. Trying to find an alternate supplier.

What happened to quality control? Something like this should have been caught long before they went to production.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford is an American product. They wouldn't dare use Chinese products!

Does this refer to fleet sales only?

These are the window stickers of two local Explorer Platinums . Not sure if they have been delivered but I found them on the Ford Extended Inventory and they are supposed to be from a New Jersey dealer. None of these are the the one that I have ordered .

http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FM5K8HT8GGA54849&ref=VL

This one built on July 30,2015

http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FM5K8HTXGGA54870&ref=VL

This one was built on July 23,2015

and the last one is from a Dealer in Georgia ,

http://services.forddirect.fordvehi...icker.pdf?vin=1FM5K8HT3GGA55035&FallBack=true
Stock # : GGA55035
VIN : 1FM5K8HT3GGA55035

This one was built on August 17,2015 and according to the dealer in Georgia it is in Stock. Wade Ford in Smyrna, Georgia.

Well, maybe they are starting to move. I am going to phone Ford marketing tomorrow and see what the system is showing on mine. I would get the Sport if it had rain sensing wipers and auto bright headlights. My Jeep has these plus a 24 gal gas tank. Why am I trading?

I'm also wondering whether or not the Platinum has so many electrical items on it that the factory is having a hard time making them all get along.

Just phoned Ford marketing - same answer; shows order in system, nothing else.

I'm also wondering whether or not the Platinum has so many electrical items on it that the factory is having a hard time making them all get along.

I can assure you that the device you used to write and post this message has many more electrical items working in harmony together than you'll find in any modern passenger vehicle (with perhaps the exception of a Tesla). It's not magic, it's engineering.

I do not think it is an electrical issue. It was stated to me as a material hold issue which in my opinion it is a material availability issue.

I do not think it is an electrical issue. It was stated to me as a material hold issue which in my opinion it is a material availability issue.
I believe 'material' may refer to the issue they are having with the seat covers.

Peter

NY1PK2012, I just phoned Wade Ford in Smyrna, GA. They said it was an ordered car that came in and delivered right out. Sticker no longer on internet.

NY1PK2012, I just phoned Wade Ford in Smyrna, GA. They said it was an ordered car that came in and delivered right out. Sticker no longer on internet.

I know but as of this morning it was still in their inventory as in stock.

Has anyone seen this new Nirvana leather? I wonder how difficult it will be to keep clean? Will it be as durable as the regular leather?

Picked up my White Platinum yesterday. The vehicle is awesome, definitely worth the wait. I'll sends pics soon. I want to thank the good people at Ford service on Twitter. I asked the dealer how I lucked out on getting mine. He thinks the dealer being the third largest on the east coast has some thing to do with it.

Talk to me about the leather. As tough as the regular leather? Hope you enjoy. Maybe by Xmas I will know something. Pictures would be great.

Picked up my White Platinum yesterday. The vehicle is awesome, definitely worth the wait. I'll sends pics soon. I want to thank the good people at Ford service on Twitter. I asked the dealer how I lucked out on getting mine. He thinks the dealer being the third largest on the east coast has some thing to do with it.
Congratulations. Now all that is left is to update your profile with the new vehicle description.;)

Peter

Interest in a '16 Platinum

Sounds like there are a bunch of eagerly waiting customers on this thread! I know how that is -- I ordered several of my last few cars.

Anyhow, I am new to this forum and wanted to drop in and say hello. My wife's GL diesel is off lease on Feb. 1 and I am leaning towards replacing it with the new Explorer '16 Platinum. Wish there were some on dealer lots though so I could show her the interior in person as she is a little skeptical that the Explorer is a real luxury SUV contender now. She likes the new 2016 Audi Q7 TDI coming out in the fall but I like the exterior of the Explorer better as well as its engine and value proposition.

So I am very interested in everyone's pictures and impressions when their orders come in, particularly those coming from luxury trim SUVs. We are likely buying this car as my wife has been grossly under mileage on her last few 7500mile a year MB leases. I typically buy all my cars because I get the mod bug pretty bad and also keep my mileage low. Did I mention the upgrade potential on this Ecoboost 3.5tt intrigues me?

My guess if I want custom specs I should order in mid October based on everything on this thread?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like there are a bunch of eagerly waiting customers on this thread! I know how that is -- I ordered several of my last few cars.

Anyhow, I am new to this forum and wanted to drop in and say hello. My wife's GL diesel is off lease on Feb. 1 and I am leaning towards replacing it with the new Explorer '16 Platinum. Wish there were some on dealer lots though so I could show her the interior in person as she is a little skeptical that the Explorer is a real luxury SUV contender now. She likes the new 2016 Audi Q7 TDI coming out in the fall but I like the exterior of the Explorer better as well as its engine and value proposition.

So I am very interested in everyone's pictures and impressions when their orders come in, particularly those coming from luxury trim SUVs. We are likely buying this car as my wife has been grossly under mileage on her last few 7500mile a year MB leases. I typically buy all my cars because I get the mod bug pretty bad and also keep my mileage low. Did I mention the upgrade potential on this Ecoboost 3.5tt intrigues me?

My guess if I want custom specs I should order in mid October based on everything on this thread?
Welcome to the Forum. :wavey:

Peter

Back