2016 Platinum Late Production? | Page 18 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Platinum Late Production?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Picked up my White Platinum yesterday. The vehicle is awesome, definitely worth the wait. I'll sends pics soon. I want to thank the good people at Ford service on Twitter. I asked the dealer how I lucked out on getting mine. He thinks the dealer being the third largest on the east coast has some thing to do with it.

Congrats Blueflame16 on your new Platinum. I believe the White Platinum Tricoat is the best color for the Platinum. I ordered mine the same with most of the available accessories including the Dual DVD headrest. Please send us photos as soon as you get a chance. Best of Luck with it. Waiting patiently for mine to arrive.

This was a pleasant surprise.

image-618201474.jpg
It's standard on the Platinum but not on your 2011 that you show in your profile.

It's standard on the Platinum but not on your 2011 that you show in your profile.

Peter

Thanks Tremor for that web site. It said that ebony was an option for the leather. Wonder if dealer knows this?

Picked up my White Platinum yesterday. The vehicle is awesome, definitely worth the wait. I'll sends pics soon. I want to thank the good people at Ford service on Twitter. I asked the dealer how I lucked out on getting mine. He thinks the dealer being the third largest on the east coast has some thing to do with it.

Congratulations, Blueflame16! I'm jealous!!!

No doubt, the fact that you ordered your Platinum at the third largest Ford dealer on the east coast influenced your build date. As I recall, your Platinum was built at the end of July. I'm surprised it required a month to move from Chicago to New York. Perhaps it was given extra-special quality-control scrutiny because yours is among the very first Platinums assembled?

It's standard on the Platinum but not on your 2011 that you show in your profile. Peter
2011 was my previous explorer until yesterday. Ill get to changing my profile one of these days. For some reason I can't edit my profile on my iPad with the forum app.

image-3715624754.jpg

The leather is beautiful. It's a light color so you will have to have leather wipes available especially if you have children

Attachments

• image-2643156321.jpg
    image-2643156321.jpg
    435.6 KB · Views: 567
  • image-851529870.jpg
    image-851529870.jpg
    472.2 KB · Views: 574

Congratulations, Blueflame16! I'm jealous!!! No doubt, the fact that you ordered your Platinum at the third largest Ford dealer on the east coast influenced your build date. As I recall, your Platinum was built at the end of July. I'm surprised it required a month to move from Chicago to New York. Perhaps it was given extra-special quality-control scrutiny because yours is among the very first Platinums assembled?
Hang in there!

Ebony Interior?

I thought this was odd. For the first time I'm seeing Platinum editions show up in my local dealer inventory with a status of "Dealer Ordered", however on the Ford page it shows "Interior : Perforated Leather - Ebony Black" while on the window sticker it shows "Interior : NIRVANA LTHR MED SOFT CERAM".

So which do you suppose is accurate? I'm guessing the sticker, but the discrepancy itself is odd:

Ford Page

Window Sticker

Ceram means ceramic. But I did change my leather to ebony today as that ceramic is too light. I could never keep clean. I hope my window sticker and Ford Page match. No telling what Jethro is getting.

I thought this was odd. For the first time I'm seeing Platinum editions show up in my local dealer inventory with a status of "Dealer Ordered", however on the Ford page it shows "Interior : Perforated Leather - Ebony Black" while on the window sticker it shows "Interior : NIRVANA LTHR MED SOFT CERAM".

So which do you suppose is accurate? I'm guessing the sticker, but the discrepancy itself is odd:
I think the Window Sticker is correct. I don't know if the Ebony interior is available yet at this time. Once the vehicle is built on Sept. 7th., we should be able to find out for sure.

Peter

I think the Window Sticker is correct. I don't know if the Ebony interior is available yet at this time. Once the vehicle is built on Sept. 7th., we should be able to find out for sure.

Peter

I clicked on both links and see ceramic on both of them.

I clicked on both links and see ceramic on both of them.
On the Ford page it states; Interior : Perforated Leather - Ebony Black but the picture of the interior shows ceramic.

Peter

On the Ford page it states; Interior : Perforated Leather - Ebony Black but the picture of the interior shows ceramic.

Peter

Ummm, I see what you mean now. It shows Ebony, but when you click on the window sticker from there, it shows ceramic. Seems like something may be going on with the Ford website. I tried doing a build and price and it shows only ceramic as an option and when I try to check dealer inventory, I keep getting an error page.

My dealer phoned today. Production starting again next Monday on Platinum Explorer. There is a question whether or not ebony leather will be available before December.

My dealer phoned today. Production starting again next Monday on Platinum Explorer. There is a question whether or not ebony leather will be available before December.

This email below that I received from Ford corporate should be able to help quell your concerns...I had emailed them asking about the Ebony interior and when they would be expecting the Platinum's to start coming in.

As we see more of the 2016 Explorer Platinum's arriving, we are expecting full delivery by the end of September, early October. By that time, we should see more of them with the Ebony black leather. Dates are always subject to change, so at this time, we do not have an exact date, but you may stay up to date with your local dealership for further details! Thank you for your interest in this beautiful vehicle!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you Blue. I also wrote Ford Corp. yesterday and am awaiting a reply. Those months mentioned will work for me.

Back