• Register Today It's free!

Power Liftgate Speed

sheltonfilms

Reaction score
City, State
Hoover, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Limited 3.5L
How long does it take for your power liftgate to actuate either up or down?

I'm seeing about 7.5 seconds on mine.

I've seen most other vehicles (non-explorers) at around 4-4.5 seconds.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That does seem slow. Might not be the power motor but the arms to the doors. I'd have the dealer check it.

How long does it take for your power liftgate to actuate either up or down?

I'm seeing about 7.5 seconds on mine.

I've seen most other vehicles (non-explorers) at around 4-4.5 seconds.
From the time the button is pressed, it takes mine about 9 seconds to open/close. That's good enough for me. (2014 MKT)

Peter

For safety reasons, they will be slow operating. I would have been perfectly happy with just a manual lift gate but, I have the powered one and it takes about 5-6 seconds to cycle. Since I have one, it is handy in certain situations. Remember to step away from it when in operation!:eek: :salute:

Mercedes GL and M class actuate at 4.5 seconds

Ok, since this subject going on, I decided to time mine with a stop watch and it operates from start to finish, up or down, in 7 to 8 seconds. My guess is that most operate in the same time frame. At any rate, I don't find this to be an issue. :salute:

Ok, since this subject going on, I decided to time mine with a stop watch and it operates from start to finish, up or down, in 7 to 8 seconds. My guess is that most operate in the same time frame. At any rate, I don't find this to be an issue. :salute:

Answer I was looking for. Just wanted to see if mine was the same as others.

I've noticed that with my liftgate, when it opens it doesn't open all of the way. It opens about 90% of the way and stops, and I have to push it up to open completely. Is this normal for others?

I've noticed that with my liftgate, when it opens it doesn't open all of the way. It opens about 90% of the way and stops, and I have to push it up to open completely. Is this normal for others?

You have to reset it to the position you want.

Open it.
Move it to the position you want it to fully open to.
HOLD the close button till you hear a ding.
Now the lift gate height is memorized.

This feature was made for people with low garage ceilings.

If it's power lift gate, you can set it to where it stops. Push all the way up and hold the button on the bottom of the liftgate until you hear the chime. Then it is set to that height.

You have to reset it to the position you want.

Open it.
Move it to the position you want it to fully open to.
HOLD the close button till you hear a ding.
Now the lift gate height is memorized.

This feature was made for people with low garage ceilings.

If it's power lift gate, you can set it to where it stops. Push all the way up and hold the button on the bottom of the liftgate until you hear the chime. Then it is set to that height.

Awesome, did not know that. I should read my manual again to see if there are any other features I looked over, haha. Thanks guys!

Back