Sync 3 | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync 3

Ok, so there's one owner who thinks the system is perfect. Anyone else?

If you are referring to Sync 3, it is great. I just picked up my Expedition and the system is so easy to see and use. I can't believe the difference. I haven't tried navigation yet which was my only complaint about MFT being a pain to set.
I feel that if the infotainment is important to you that you wait for Sync 3.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you are referring to Sync 3, it is great. I just picked up my Expedition and the system is so easy to see and use. I can't believe the difference. I haven't tried navigation yet which was my only complaint about MFT being a pain to set.
I feel that if the infotainment is important to you that you wait for Sync 3.

All my angst is leveled at MFT. I watched the video on Sync 3 and can hardly wait. Unfortunately, Sync 3 won't be available on the Platinum Explorer until 2017, at last word. Right now I'm thinking Audi 2016 Q7. Ya, it's a bunch but life is short.:)

Steve

All my angst is leveled at MFT. I watched the video on Sync 3 and can hardly wait. Unfortunately, Sync 3 won't be available on the Platinum Explorer until 2017, at last word. Right now I'm thinking Audi 2016 Q7. Ya, it's a bunch but life is short.:)

Steve

Well, you wont be disappointed with Audi, so take it.

Steve

Are they meaning for 2017 model year or a mid year refresh for the 2016 (Job 2)?And if it is Job 2, would ordering be this fall for Jan 2017 delivery?

Are they meaning for 2017 model year or a mid year refresh for the 2016 (Job 2)?And if it is Job 2, would ordering be this fall for Jan 2017 delivery?

MY 2017. This has been confirmed in many articles.

Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
As 182RG has posted, it will be available in the 2017 model.

Peter

The reason I asked was because both my dealer and any Ford personnel I have talked to in the past month has said it will be available this fall on the Explorers. I only seen it mentioned here for MY17. I even called the Sync support hotline and they said was going to be available this fall.

The reason I asked was because both my dealer and any Ford personnel I have talked to in the past month has said it will be available this fall on the Explorers. I only seen it mentioned here for MY17. I even called the Sync support hotline and they said was going to be available this fall.

Not long to wait to find out, fall is knocking already...

Oh, I so hope you're right! like Denis says, fall is knocking already. Now I can save the money I was going to blow on an Audi Q7.:)

Hey everyone!

If you take a look at this link:

https://secure.ford.com/technology/sync/?vehicle=explorer&year=2016

It shows the 2016 Explorer will come with either SYNC w/ MyFord or SYNC W/ MyFord Touch. SYNC 3 will not be available on that model year. I hope this helps clear things up!

Rebecca
Rebecca, is the MFT being installed in the 2016 the same as my 2011 Explorer Limited with the latest updates? Is there anything new in the Nav system that would convince me to give up on Sync3 so that I can buy the 2016 model?

Rebecca, is the MFT being installed in the 2016 the same as my 2011 Explorer Limited with the latest updates? Is there anything new in the Nav system that would convince me to give up on Sync3 so that I can buy the 2016 model?

You may want to check out this Sync 3 video done by Town & Country Ford. The differences in the navigation are pretty big. I just bought a 16 Expedition with Sync 3 and I'm really happy with it. I had originally ordered the Explorer Platinum, but gave up when nobody could tell us when they would be available. Add to that no Sync 3 or Ebony seats available then and moved on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBlMCt-Ge14

I agree Denis, unless you add the Nav system.

Steve

My Nav has worked awesome. Had troubles with my 2011. The 2013 is pretty much flawless.

My Nav has worked awesome. Had troubles with my 2011. The 2013 is pretty much flawless.

I would say the same, I use Navi in my Explorer MY12 all the time and its fine, sometimes its sluggish, but it is system related not Navi.

What is the question for me about SYNC 3 if Ford is going to stick with the same strategy regarding Navigation as it did with SYNC 2: no Navigation after delivery (only factory enabled), then Ford really sucks...

watched SYNC 3 tutorial, what I don't like for sure is that light blue background, I guess it cant be changed. I would say I hate it!

What is the question for me about SYNC 3 if Ford is going to stick with the same strategy regarding Navigation as it did with SYNC 2: no Navigation after delivery (only factory enabled), then Ford really sucks...

What I gathered from the video is that the whole system will be updated from your home router. I suppose at some point they'll update the nav through the system but whether they'll charge for it is another question.

That's why I'd like to see CarPlay and Google...whatever they call it.

watched SYNC 3 tutorial, what I don't like for sure is that light blue background, I guess it cant be changed. I would say I hate it!

You can change it to black with white text. It also has a brightness setting. I like the blue and white because its real easy to read it quickly.

Lots of great SYNC 3 questions and comments here. I have some links for you all to check out. Here's a video and list to all of the settings (including changing the screen from day to night):

http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...ync/sync-3-settings-overview.html?sync=sync-3

Software updates can be performed via Wi-Fi:

http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...ll-sync-3-updates-with-wi-fi.html?sync=sync-3

I don't have pricing for map updates yet, but for now they will be performed via a USB flash drive and stored on the APIM (no more SD card). SYNC 3 will also have AppLink (YAY!):

http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/sync-3/sync-applink.html/?sync=sync-3

It also has Siri Eyes Free integration:

http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...d-siri-eyes-free-with-sync-3.html?sync=sync-3

If any of you want to check out other vehicles you might be interested in, SYNC 3 is currently available on the following 2016 vehicles: Fiesta, Mustang, Expedition, Escape, and Transit. Take a look, and let me know if you have any questions.

Yes, MFT is the same with the exception of the software being 3.7 in the 2016. You'd notice very slight differences going from a 2011 to a 2016, but nothing too noticeable. If you're really liking all of the SYNC 3 features and can wait, I say why not wait. :)

Rebecca

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, MFT is the same with the exception of the software being 3.7 in the 2016. You'd notice very slight differences going from a 2011 to a 2016, but nothing too noticeable. If you're really liking all of the SYNC 3 features and can wait, I say why not wait. :)

Rebecca[/QUOTE]

Thank you for all the info. As usual it's Rebecca to the rescue:)

It's just that we're drooling over the Explorer Platinum and would stand in line for it except for the MFT/Sync. It is so discouraging that Ford's most beautiful car is last to receive the most important fix. It doesn't make sense but I guess we'll wait until we can get our hands on a Platinum to make a final decision. Right now, I can't stand the thought of having a new car with old technology that I would have to live with for another 5 years or so.

Can I update the 2011 to 3.7?

Regards

Back