97 v8 Explorer driveshaft questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

97 v8 Explorer driveshaft questions

lifeguard379

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
sacremento,ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 eddie bauer 2 door
It's been a long time since I've posted,but I recently acquired a 97 v8 Explorer for $700. the problem is it's missing its front drive shaft. I went to pick n pull today for the half off sale but they didn't have any V8's. I did find a v6 driveshaft that look the same so I bought it now I'm having a hard time putting it in. just wondering if I should try harder or is it not compatible thanks for your help:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tried searching but I don't know maybe there's some keyword suggestions people someone has ideas about dead I'm not thinking of

Well the whole reason I got it for so cheap is they didn't want the V8 so I think they were trying to get better mileage and I just got th smell of weed out of it so that all kind of made sense to me it seems like it's like a quarter of an inch difference it's a little it's frustrating

I have looked into the manual / but I don't have the funds right now for the rear driveshaft to do such things specially since I will be building this into my new crawler due to the fact my white truck with a straight axle has blown its engine and it's time to upgrade so this was a $15 get all in power to the ground thing

Back