Can I afford to wait??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can I afford to wait???

Cavediver

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport - Red
Hi Group,

First off, I have just begun browsing the forums as a result of falling for a 2016 Explorer Sport. My first post, so please let me know (gently) if this is not in the correct area...

I have found a VIN for an explorer (directly off the Ford.ca build/find website), and the dealer I am dealing with has tried to make contact with the receiving dealer to complete a dealer swap. However the other dealer doesn't have it on their lot yet, and doesn't know when it will arrive.

I am currently in a bit of a predicament as my daily driver was involved in an accident with a bear and was a write off (We are all OK - thx). That being said, I am in a rental car, and have to quickly decide between settling for a vehicle without the build that I want, or waiting for this particular one to arrive while I pay for the rental.

The VIN on the target explorer is:___________________
From what I can translate, the build date was 19/08/15 according to the Window Sticker.

Any info you can provide with expectations as to delivery would greatly assist with my decision making process.... I'm hoping to not have to "settle" but rentals are expensive!!!

Thank you - John

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Group,

First off, I have just begun browsing the forums as a result of falling for a 2016 Explorer Sport. My first post, so please let me know (gently) if this is not in the correct area...

I have found a VIN for an explorer (directly off the Ford.ca build/find website), and the dealer I am dealing with has tried to make contact with the receiving dealer to complete a dealer swap. However the other dealer doesn't have it on their lot yet, and doesn't know when it will arrive.

I am currently in a bit of a predicament as my daily driver was involved in an accident with a bear and was a write off (We are all OK - thx). That being said, I am in a rental car, and have to quickly decide between settling for a vehicle without the build that I want, or waiting for this particular one to arrive while I pay for the rental.

From what I can translate, the build date was 19/08/15 according to the Window Sticker.

Any info you can provide with expectations as to delivery would greatly assist with my decision making process.... I'm hoping to not have to "settle" but rentals are expensive!!!

Thank you - John

Welcome Cavediver. Try to contact FordServiceCA here in this forum, it will be either Mathieu or Nick will answer. Give them the VIN # and they can assist you about the ETA date. Good luck.

Follow-up: Tricia from FordServiceCA got back to me this afternoon. Apparently the vehicle had been delivered on the 5th.

For whatever reason, the dealerships weren't communicating this between themselves (weren't playing nicely in the sandbox, or it was too soon after delivery and it was still in dealer prep, or who knows...).

Anyway, long story short - It will be in my driveway tomorrow night.:thumbsup:

First time Explorer owner - Thanks for the welcome to the forum, and look forward to having this site as a valuable resource!!

Thanks all - John

Welcome Cavediver. Try to contact FordServiceCA here in this forum, it will be either Mathieu or Nick will answer. Give them the VIN # and they can assist you about the ETA date. Good luck.

Awesome John. Im sure you will love it. Make sure to post back with your impressions and pics. Not you can start thinking about what you will DO to it next ;)

Hi Group,

Thank you - John
Welcome to the Forum John. :wavey:
Glad to hear everything worked out for you. I removed the VIN from your post now that the vehicle will shortly be yours.
When you get it, don't forget to update your profile with the year and model (2016 Sport) so it shows in the margin when you post. See you over in the 'Discussion' threads soon.:):thumbsup:

Peter

Welcome to the Forum John. :wavey:
Glad to hear everything worked out for you. I removed the VIN from your post now that the vehicle will shortly be yours.
When you get it, don't forget to update your profile with the year and model (2016 Sport) so it shows in the margin when you post. See you over in the 'Discussion' threads soon.:):thumbsup:

Peter

Vin number is still in the thread. Just giving you a heads up

Thanks jVallejo22,
I removed it from my original post now, but I think a Moderator or Pong35 will have to remove it from the first "quote"

Thanks!

Back