Front Bumper Fit Issue | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front Bumper Fit Issue

I have owned my '15 Sport for 3 weeks now and am having the same issue with the bumper popping out. It is going to the dealer tomorrow for that and some other issues. The Blis and Cross Traffic alert are not working properly. This is my first Ford purchase and I am praying that I do not regret it. I really do love the truck. I am just extremely frustrated that I have to deal with this kind of thing 3 weeks into it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Update: I took my Explorer in this past Tuesday. They called me to let me know that they replaced the clip and the bumper was fixed. I went in Tuesday after work to pick it up. I inspected my bumper before I went inside and sure enough it was still not fixed. I went in to the showroom to find my Sales guy and the Sales manager. I asked them both to come look at it with me so they could see that it was not fixed. Needless to say I left it there so they could "fix" it again. I picked it up Wednesday and it did look like it was "fixed". It was flush and secure. I drove it to and from work on Thursday checking the bumper before I drove it each time. I got home from work Thursday and sure enough the bumper is popping out again. It is going back on Monday. I am starting to get really angry that this is happening after only having it for 3 weeks. Why can't they fix it so it stops happening? Do I need to demand that they replace the entire bumper?

.......Why can't they fix it so it stops happening? Do I need to demand that they replace the entire bumper?
I don't think it the fault of the service person. I think it lies more with the design. It could very well have been 'fixed' the first time and popped out again while it was waiting to be picked up. Several members have had the same experience with multiple visits. A new bumper will still be anchored the same way. With the same clips. I don't know if that particular section can be fastened any other way. Good luck.

Peter

Has anyone successfully had this fixed? I just got my 2015 explorer and noticed the same thing after 2 weeks of owning the car.

Has anyone successfully had this fixed? I just got my 2015 explorer and noticed the same thing after 2 weeks of owning the car.
Yes. There are several posts where members advised it was fixed.

Peter

My local dealership (Bill Knight Ford) has had my vehicle on 2 occasions to fix this issue and the problem still exists. I just got it out of the ford dealership on 17 July 2015. It had popped out before I had even left the dealership.

I want this fixed. Any recommendations?

Update: I took my Explorer in this past Tuesday. They called me to let me know that they replaced the clip and the bumper was fixed. I went in Tuesday after work to pick it up. I inspected my bumper before I went inside and sure enough it was still not fixed. I went in to the showroom to find my Sales guy and the Sales manager. I asked them both to come look at it with me so they could see that it was not fixed. Needless to say I left it there so they could "fix" it again. I picked it up Wednesday and it did look like it was "fixed". It was flush and secure. I drove it to and from work on Thursday checking the bumper before I drove it each time. I got home from work Thursday and sure enough the bumper is popping out again. It is going back on Monday. I am starting to get really angry that this is happening after only having it for 3 weeks. Why can't they fix it so it stops happening? Do I need to demand that they replace the entire bumper?

I have had the exact same experiences on both occasions. I am now about to turn it in for a 3rd time.

I have had the exact same experiences on both occasions. I am now about to turn it in for a 3rd time.

It seems as though the third time was the charm. They replaced the bracket under the bumper. I have not had any issues since.

I turned my 2015 Explorer Sport back in to the dealership on 9/9/2015. I am hoping that the third time is a charm.

If this doesn't fix it then what are my options?

I turned my 2015 Explorer Sport back in to the dealership on 9/9/2015. I am hoping that the third time is a charm.

If this doesn't fix it then what are my options?
I'm not recommending that anyone do this because it will have bad consequences when you need to remove the bumper facia or if the bumper facia is bumped hard, but I finally positioned mine back in place and secured it with a drop of superglue behind the seam at the top just under the turn signal. No problems since. It was popping out completely, without fail, when I drove at speeds above 75mph or so. It has done this since day one and at 8,000 miles I finally tired of it (ref my post #94 in this thread). The front has never touched a curb, scraped, etc. as my dealer alleged when I mentioned it. A second dealer's comment was, "yeah, they do that". Clearly it's simply a design or assembly flaw. Go Ford :banghead:

For full disclosure I have to say that I am "dealer adverse" and try to avoid them at all costs.

this is crazy.. I also picked up my 15 sport just a couple weeks ago.. I have driven it very little and every freakin time the thing pops out.. I am TORQUED.. 53K for plastic parts that don't fit. Has to be a way to permanently affix this.. this FORD has to know this happens and it is BS.. I a pissed to have to schedule a service appointment ALREADY? Such crap.. I love my ride but to read this thread YEARS old.. I called the dealer and they acted completely stupid.. OH never seen this before.. YEA OK.. Oh what did you hit.. .. YEA OK have you looked at the truck.. Give me a break

this is crazy.. I also picked up my 15 sport just a couple weeks ago.. I have driven it very little and every freakin time the thing pops out.. I am TORQUED.. 53K for plastic parts that don't fit. Has to be a way to permanently affix this.. this FORD has to know this happens and it is BS.. I a pissed to have to schedule a service appointment ALREADY? Such crap.. I love my ride but to read this thread YEARS old.. I called the dealer and they acted completely stupid.. OH never seen this before.. YEA OK.. Oh what did you hit.. .. YEA OK have you looked at the truck.. Give me a break
It is quite possible that the dealer hasn't seen this before. Despite what you see here, this doesn't seem to be a widespread problem seeing this thread is 5 years old.

Peter

Peter I can appreciate where you are coming from.. Seems the thread is pretty consistent and perhaps if more common it would be a hundred pages long. I am going to put it up on the lift tomorrow in my garage and see if it can be seen from underneath through wheel well.. Just to be educated more completely.

I turned my 2015 Explorer Sport back in to the dealership on 9/9/2015. I am hoping that the third time is a charm...
Hello OKExplorerSport,

How did it go at the dealer? If further assistance is needed, please PM your full name, VIN, mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number. I’ll get this escalated!

this is crazy.. I also picked up my 15 sport just a couple weeks ago...
Hey expoman55,

I replied to your message. Please PM the requested information, and I’ll get the ball rolling on my end! :D

Tricia

My 2014 has the same issue. One dealer said they fixed it by the time I got home it had pop out again. The second dealer was blaming the front bumper had touched the curb and refused to even take a look. He said if they fixed Ford would not reimbursed them for the repair. He also mentioned it was most likely a factory defect but would not service it. I hate having to get our of work to take explorer to the dealer and problem not fixed. :mad:

My 2014 has the same issue. One dealer said they fixed it by the time I got home it had pop out again. The second dealer was blaming the front bumper had touched the curb and refused to even take a look. He said if they fixed Ford would not reimbursed them for the repair. He also mentioned it was most likely a factory defect but would not service it. I hate having to get our of work to take explorer to the dealer and problem not fixed. :mad:
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
I suggest that you send a PM (Private Message) to FordService and give them the info as shown in post 115 above.

Peter

Driver side fender bumper fitment FIX

I wanted to follow up and say THANKS to my Ford dealer Kevin's Royal Automotive and John from Ford Customer service and Engineering here on this forum to get my problem resolved.
My dealer took a call from John at Ford Engineering who made the appointment to get the finder issue fixed on my new Sport.

They replaced a bracken Part Number # BB5Z 17E814 B on the driverside that is a bracket that bolts to the under side of bumper and frame. Dealer explained how they break. I am hoping this is the end of it.

How ever I posted the part number for your convenience. The Ford Engineering team were great working with the dealer .

Thanks to Mike and Mark at Kevin's Royal Automotive.

It seems as though the third time was the charm. They replaced the bracket under the bumper. I have not had any issues since.

Hope you didn't deal with Haldeman Ford for your issues?! Do you have a part number for the piece they replaced the third time?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Finder fitment fixed

According the body shop guy it is about how they re install the bumper cover. Apparently is 'snaps' in and has to be done correctly with the other side or it breaks the bracket clip.. I guess Time will tell.. I posted the partnumber above they replaced. it was abracket that bolts to the fender etc.

Back