Can you tell the dealership I don't want your dealership badge on my Vehicle? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can you tell the dealership I don't want your dealership badge on my Vehicle?

When I spend $30k+ I want it how I want it..

Exactly. It is your money and your vehicle. They have no right to alter it in any way they want. They should be ASKING if they could advertise their dealer on your vehicle.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Exactly. It is your money and your vehicle. They have no right to alter it in any way they want. They should be ASKING if they could advertise their dealer on your vehicle.

You're too funny:bsnicker::rant:....they have every right to put it on as much as you think you have every right to walk away from the deal if they do....

You're too funny:bsnicker::rant:....they have every right to put it on as much as you think you have every right to walk away from the deal if they do....

And you have every right to refuse the vehicle with that dealer added item.

We can see from this thread that there is definitely different thinking on this and I doubt anyone will change anyone else's mind.

~Mark

I'm on the side that says tell them you don't want anything applied that wasn't part of the factory order. You are paying for it all, and you are paying the "advertising" fee, not the dealer.

I'm not saying to cause a scene but I'd make it known I do not want it on my vehicle. If it's just a license plate holder i'll just do it myself, but removing decals and badges, while easy, is still a pain. Bad enough i have to remove that horrid ecoboost badge!

Ford_EcoBoost_logo.jpg

yeah. not great. I tend to leave the manufacturer stuff on though.

It's a cheap ploy that Dealers push on schmucks - the LAST thing you should have to do is go home and have to worry about peeling off stickers / messing with chemicals, etc. to remove residue.

It looks like crap to begin with, especially if you leave it on for a few years and it starts to peel up. I got no problem with License Plate frames, you don't like it - toss it when you switch it out with one of your choice.

I once walked away from what was basically a done deal because some idiot had punched the knockout holes out of the front bumper to install a Plate frame (not req'd in my state).

what is the best way to take off the badges without marking the paint? Heat gun?
Check out the posts in this thread. That should help you.

Peter

Mine just had stickers on it, i peeled them off with ease with my finger nail (which i don't have much of since i bit my nails)

But they used their dealer logo to cover up some fairly deep gashes on the lift gate, which are now visible, but the dealership will not do anything about it since "we don't have a body shop so your on your own" Makes you wonder how such deep scratches get in your paint on an Explorer with 93 miles on it.

I ask for them to remove it before I even left the lot, and they told me NO, the manager refuses to let their advertisements be removed (Including the lame plate frames which went strait into the trash when i got home too)

Plastic razor blades work well for sticker removal. Also, I have a problem with dealers who put the big logo on spare tire covers on jeeps.

I know it sucks, but if your there to sign paperwork and tell them your going to walk if they do not remove their own advertisements I can almost promise you it will be removed!

This also is one of my pet pieves! (Did I spell that right? lol)

Exactly what I do. When I have a verbal agreement with a dealer and the paperwork is about to be signed, I tell them I want that stuff removed and written in or no deal. They believe me because I have already been a tough negotiator who is in no rush and has options at several other dealerships. I even name the vehicles I am looking at and already negotiating over at other dealerships. I was fortunate to be in corporate B2B sales for 14 years. I can read them like a book, counter anything they say, prevent them from going in the direction they want to, and demand my price (within reason) or I walk. And I don't hard walk. I name two or three other dealers I still want to talk to. They don't see that as a bluff. They see it as losing to another dealer, which they hate.

You can ask the dealer not to have the logos/decals put on in the first place. My salesman said they would note it on the order form. Personally I don't see it as an issue in the first place.

Peter

Honestly, I don't see the big deal.

I don't like to make a stink and I let everyone put their tramp stamp on both my home and vehicles.

Sure I now have trouble looking through the window with all those stickers, but I love for people to know where I get my gas, wash my car, where I buy my tires. The parking garage sticker was a little big, but I didn't want to make a scene at the time.

My house looks weird because the phone company keeps changing names (AT&T, Illinois Bell, Ameritech, SBC, ....) Oddly enough, they insisted on a new sticker when they finally changed back to AT&T. AT&T and Comcast keeping coming back to put a larger sticker, but ComEd's and Nicor's stickers are still be biggest.

I could go on.

Honestly, the question of omitting dealership branding is a simple one, and if anyone makes a scene, it's the dealership.

That said, I have seen dealers do dealership branding right. A couple of dealers I know ask the customer if they want the dealership sticker and plate holder and in exchange, offer free/unlimited use of their basic car wash. That to me seems like win/win approach.

Here's my bet - and it's personal preference. No right or wrong.

Those who let their cars get dirty a bit and hit car washes every once in a while don't mind the dealer stickers so much.

Those who are very detail oriented - as in they detail their cars themselves or have a pro detailer do it have the stickers removed.

My cars are immaculate and I never take them through car washes with brushes. Wash and detail by hand in warmer weather, touchless car wash bay in the winter.

If you don't like swirls in the paint, you don't like dealer stickers. Others are more utilitarian, and not a problem. All personal preference.

My dealer removed his at my request before I took delivery , no problems .

I asked the dealer not to badge it. I was told they badge it when it goes for final detail so they just left it off. As others stated, some badging is quite nice and others just have ugly stickers. If the dealers invested a bit to make them nice I think it would be more effective advertising and people like us would have less of an issue with them (although I think we are in the minority anyway when it comes to this stuff)

I should have told them not to even detail it because they wound up swirling it and opening the door into something which put in a nice gouge!! I couldn't be bothered creating a stink about it. At least it's christened now. I would have rather do it myself down the road but I can't get myself crazy about these things.

If it is a big ugly badge, I don't see why you can't tell them to remove it. I mean you're spending a lot of money buying the vehicle from them. I guess I'm lucky, my dealer, Sanderson Ford here in the Phoenix area only puts license plate frames on the front and rear with their name on it. They don't put anything on the paint.

Honestly, I don't see the big deal.

I don't like to make a stink and I let everyone put their tramp stamp on both my home and vehicles.

Sure I now have trouble looking through the window with all those stickers, but I love for people to know where I get my gas, wash my car, where I buy my tires. The parking garage sticker was a little big, but I didn't want to make a scene at the time.

My house looks weird because the phone company keeps changing names (AT&T, Illinois Bell, Ameritech, SBC, ....) Oddly enough, they insisted on a new sticker when they finally changed back to AT&T. AT&T and Comcast keeping coming back to put a larger sticker, but ComEd's and Nicor's stickers are still be biggest.

I could go on.

Honestly, the question of omitting dealership branding is a simple one, and if anyone makes a scene, it's the dealership.

That said, I have seen dealers do dealership branding right. A couple of dealers I know ask the customer if they want the dealership sticker and plate holder and in exchange, offer free/unlimited use of their basic car wash. That to me seems like win/win approach.

This made me laugh out loud! :D:thumbsup:

Ive never bought a vehicle from any dealer that had any advertising stickers on it. Most of them, however, have the cheap, quickly-yellowing licence plate surround which comes off as soon as I get to my driveway, before I even go inside.

90% of the dealer stickers I see on most vehicles are extremely crooked, some are bubbled up because they throw them on so fast, and others are just so out of place. I didn't buy my vehicle with a contract saying you can advertise on it. If I liked the service, I will more than gladly refer friends and family your way. If I traded in a vehicle, then went and put my companies logo on their building, would it be okay? No. Im not paying them to advertise, nor are they paying me.

With all that being said, I don't even like most factory badges and pin stripes which are "professionally" installed at the factory, let alone some cheap sticker thats gonna eventually discolor, fade, crack, peel etc and then have an area of paint that looks newer than the rest of the car.

When I leased my 2013 Charger which was all white and black, they put the nasty red/cream/white/yellow license plate surround advertising the dealer, I took it off before I brought the car back for them to wash. (I picked it up and had to be to work ASAP, so he wanted me to bring it back the next day to wash it and whatnot). He asked why I took it off, and I told him, its no disrespect but A. Its ugly as all hell, and B. You aren't paying me to advertise! He was like "Well, you got me there!"

One of the KIA dealerships a few towns over (closes kia to me, only have ford and chevy in my town) but they put their huuggggggge logo on the back window. Its about 1ft by 1ft and then they put www.kingdomkia.com in huge letters on the top of the back window, and on both rear door windows..... then they put the advertisement plate frames on too. Completely overboard makes you laugh at kia's even more when the driver can't even see out their back window from the dealer sticker.

Its this sticker, but its about a ft tall and wide on the real decal on the cars.... They do this to all their inventory, new or used lol.

ls.jpg

I debadge all of my vehicles. I hate giving away free advertising to dealerships, plus I like the air of mystery I give to people who check out my rides. People ask me all the time what type of vehicle my Explorer is due to it being debadged and the Ford symbols covered over.

Now if only I could get rid of the Explorer on my rear tailgate of the 2015 sport then I would be happy.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I debadge all of my vehicles. I hate giving away free advertising to dealerships, plus I like the air of mystery I give to people who check out my rides. People ask me all the time what type of vehicle my Explorer is due to it being debadged and the Ford symbols covered over.

Now if only I could get rid of the Explorer on my rear tailgate of the 2015 sport then I would be happy.

Little over the top, but hey it is your vehicle. Peace

Back