2016 Platinum Late Production? | Page 20 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Platinum Late Production?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Everyone

Been reading this forum since before I ordered my 16 platinum in Blue Jeans on JUL 29. Thanks you guys have been a big help. Finally signed up lol. Just messaged Tricia. Ill let you know what my status is when I get it. My order sheet says priority 11 supposedly that is good, and I ordered as a stock unit I don't know if that is helping or hurting? Ironically I work at a the Ford Dealer in parts but the incompetent sales dept has been less help than you guys thanks again. :)

Been reading this forum since before I ordered my 16 platinum in Blue Jeans on JUL 29. Thanks you guys have been a big help. Finally signed up lol. Just messaged Tricia. Ill let you know what my status is when I get it. My order sheet says priority 11 supposedly that is good, and I ordered as a stock unit I don't know if that is helping or hurting? Ironically I work at a the Ford Dealer in parts but the incompetent sales dept has been less help than you guys thanks again. :)
Welcome to the Forum. :wavey:

Peter

Just curious is the production line moving or not. I ordered a Ford Explorer Platinum on June 27 and all I get is that it is order processing with an ETA TBD. The only option I ask for was RED. Tricia has been wonderful. Even the VA does not keep me waiting this long, LOL....

Mine was ordered 7-31 and the same answers. Someone said the line was to start up again this week.

Looks great. Maybe 1 day mine will be built.

Yeah,

Me 2.

I ordered on July 15. We'll see when it's built.

Congrats on your beautiful new ride.

TW

Looks like they are finally starting to flow. My dealer has one on their lot in White Platinum with the Ceramic interior.

I saw my 1st Platinum Explorer the other day. A parent has one whose daughter goes to my daughter's school. It is a Bronze Fire which is the exact color of my F350. By far the best color Ford has come out with in a long time. The Burnt Orange in the sun is simply stunning.

Im starting to see dealer stock Platinums in my area now too. Mostly Black, White, and Magnetic. Jury is still out on the ceramic seats with black dash/IP combo. I guess Ebony leather is just around the corner if Lear Corp gets their SH&T together.

Damn it looks good!!!!
How do u like it..

Love it! Ceramic white leather seats, black leather dash and brushed aluminum results in a classy upscale interior. New Ecoboost with paddle shifters finds me punching the pedal a bit more :). All in all great vehicle and worth the wait.

Liking new ride

Love it! Ceramic white leather seats, black leather dash and brushed aluminum results in a classy upscale interior. New Ecoboost with paddle shifters finds me punching the pedal a bit more :). All in all great vehicle and worth the wait.

Has there been any feature that you like best? Have you tried the adaptive cruise control or parking features?

Has there been any feature that you like best? Have you tried the adaptive cruise control or parking features?
I'll jump in and say that aside from the keyless entry, the adaptive cruise is a feature I used almost daily. The adaptive parking I used once just to try it out. I live in a small town where this feature isn't really required for parking. This was on my 2011 Limited.

Peter

What's really the story... Read all the posts with this forum for weeks now and still really don't know why Ford did not missed so bad the target of having Platinums on the Dealer Lots by SUMMER! I went to the April NYC car show and was told by summer by all the reps.... Really still no real answers! The one thing I have learned from this forum is Trish is real and good people! My order is in since August 2.... And still no end in sight. (Really thinking of looking for another SUV because Ford cannot get their act together...)

What's really the story... Read all the posts with this forum for weeks now and still really don't know why Ford did not missed so bad the target of having Platinums on the Dealer Lots by SUMMER! I went to the April NYC car show and was told by summer by all the reps.... Really still no real answers! The one thing I have learned from this forum is Trish is real and good people! My order is in since August 2.... And still no end in sight. (Really thinking of looking for another SUV because Ford cannot get their act together...)

I ordered one in April and gave up when it seemed like it was going to be a long wait. I bought a 16 Expedition Platinum instead and really like it so far. It doesn't have all of the high tech the Explorer does, but it does have Sync 3 which is a big improvement over MFT and the vehicle is very roomy and comfortable.

Hi Nick! I ordered the Blue Jeans also. We are a select few, lol.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
From what I understand, Platinums are beginning to show up on dealer lots and it is still Summer. To my knowledge, no firm date was ever set for this model. It was only shown as 'Late Availability'. This is not new for Ford. They often have items shown as late availability.

Peter

Back