rear knuckle/spindle issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

rear knuckle/spindle issue

Alexludo

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 explorer xlt
I have. '13 explorer and the bushing on the rear driver side tie rod is worn but the dealer tell to me that i have to buy the entire spindle assembly that cost 600$ ... I cannot think that i habe to pay 600$ for a simple bushing that cost around 20$... I need help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have. '13 explorer and the bushing on the rear driver side tie rod is worn but the dealer tell to me that i have to buy the entire spindle assembly that cost 600$ ... I cannot think that i habe to pay 600$ for a simple bushing that cost around 20$... I need help

Is there a machine shop near you? I would bring it and get a new bushing put in. Another option is to get another spindle assembly at a junkyard.

I search on the web and i see that... FDAB-033Z by Febest.... Its 35$ with shipping!!! Is it good??

Are you sure that is the part you need? You earlier stated tie rod & spindle assembly. That bushing you just listed is NOT for the tie rod assembly. It is for the rear control arm assembly.

I can get that bushing you listed for $13.50

Yess is the good one at 13.50$+ shipping....im in montreal,canada

The bushing go in the fdab-043 end on the "U " at the end of the link

Isn't this failure under warranty? If so why are you having to pay for it?

Hi, I have a 2013 and was wondering if anyone has switched out the bushings on the rear knuckles.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I have merged your thread with this one found using the Forum's 'Search' feature. Also the links may help.

Peter

Back