Is this a good deal on a new Explorer? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is this a good deal on a new Explorer?

How much % have you negotiated off of sticker price?

When I bought a 2014 ford explorer xlt with the 202a package a year and a half ago, Cumulative discount was 13.6%.
Currently trying to buy two 2015 Limited's or 2 2016 Limited's and cant get better than 10.4.
What have other members negotiated in % of total discounts off of sticker?
Thanks Bryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When I bought a 2014 ford explorer xlt with the 202a package a year and a half ago, Cumulative discount was 13.6%.
Currently trying to buy two 2015 Limited's or 2 2016 Limited's and cant get better than 10.4.
What have other members negotiated in % of total discounts off of sticker?
Thanks Bryan

We got 11% off MSRP on my wife's '15 Sport in April of this year. It was at a Sonic Auto Group owned dealership and they have a no haggle pricing model so there was no negotiations involved. My local dealer was totally disinterested in selling anything that wasn't on their lot so we had to go out of town. We were also only interested in a car optioned out in a specific manner so '15 Sport inventory seemed a little thin in April. Our salesperson, er, "advisor" told us he had two calls about the Sport after he put our name on it.

Don't negotiate off sticker, negotiate off invoice. Ask to see invoice and go from there. The sticker price is virtually useless and the dealer can tell you anything he likes.

Agreed, do your research before getting to the dealership on what invoice "should be" what they have been selling for, what you are seeing for resales, rebates, know your trade value .... you will be in a much better position then.

I got an email recently from Sam's Club that allowed me to check the invoice pricing on a few vehicles. It was like the TrueCar system.

Not sure if you have to be a member of Sam's Club to get access or not.

I just sealed the deal tonight, I got 2 2015 Limited's for 11.1% off of sticker
Each one was approximately $2400 below invoice. I think I did well.

I just sealed the deal tonight, I got 2 2015 Limited's for 11.1% off of sticker
Each one was approximately $2400 below invoice. I think I did well.

Congratulations. Now all that is left is to update your profile (2015 Limited).;)

Peter

2? wow! I am sure that helped the negotiations as well. well done!

Peterk9,
I did update profile to my current explorer, the two I bought were for my sister and niece.
I think buying two helped a little, but I feel I could have got close to the same deal with purchasing one.

Peterk9,
I did update profile to my current explorer, the two I bought were for my sister and niece.
I think buying two helped a little, but I feel I could have got close to the same deal with purchasing one.
Okay, thanks Bryan. Wasn't aware they were not for you.:thumbsup: My current lease is up in 1.5 years and then you can buy me one too if you want.;)

Peter

Peterk9,

dang, that should get you a Christmas card from Ford also.

Update, one of my 2015 explorers I negotiated for, unknown to me, was a demo with 1100 miles, and they did not want to come down on the price. so I negotiated a 2016 limited with the 301a package for $500 below invoice.
MSRP was 47005, and invoice was 44349 I got it for 43849 which was the price they quoted. After agreeing to this price they called 20 minutes later and reneged on the deal.
I told them if they back out of one, they back out of both, as I thought it unethical to give me a price and then not honor it.
All that being said I got the 2015 and the 2016 at the prices quoted.
The 2015 was 11.1% off of sticker and $2379 below invoice.
The 2016 was 6.7% off of sticker and $500 below invoice.
Just glad its done after 2 weeks of wrangling.
2015 is deep impact blue. 302a
2016 is Blue jeans. 301a

Back