2016 Platinum Explorer dressed up. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Platinum Explorer dressed up.

Blueflame16

Reaction score
City, State
Staten Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Lincoln B/l Aviator
2016 Platinum Explorer with running board, lettering and side window vents.

Attachments

• IMG_0086.jpg
    IMG_0086.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 3,637
  • IMG_0090.jpg
    IMG_0090.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 8,558
  • IMG_0089.jpg
    IMG_0089.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 2,248
  • IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 2,213
  • IMG_0098.jpg
    IMG_0098.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 2,239
  • IMG_0097.jpg
    IMG_0097.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 2,231

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First order of business, remove the damn dealership name off the tailgate.

Beautiful Explorer!!! These platinums are just stunning. Are those Ford running boards?? I love the design of them.

Did you add the explorer lettering on the hood? Beautiful ride. The running boards what brand name? :thumbsup:

Did you add the explorer lettering on the hood? Beautiful ride. The running boards what brand name? :thumbsup:
00 - Ionic CXV Running Boards Vehicle Information 2016 Explorer Platinum and I bought the lettering online at eBay. OEM brand for $98. Very easy to put on. Comes with temp plate, you just have to center it and make sure it's straight.

Does the lettering match the "satin" finish of all of the other accent metal on the platinum? Or is it more chrome (or whatever metal the sport uses?)

Does the lettering match the "satin" finish of all of the other accent metal on the platinum? Or is it more chrome (or whatever metal the sport uses?)
Not sure what it is made of, but it really looks good. It's goes great with the satin finish and chrome accent.

00 - Ionic CXV Running Boards Vehicle Information 2016 Explorer Platinum and I bought the lettering online at eBay. OEM brand for $98. Very easy to put on. Comes with temp plate, you just have to center it and make sure it's straight.

Those running boards look OEM. Are they pre-drilled or do you have to drill the Ex frame??

Thanks,

TW

I believe the lettering is available in chrome or black/graphite. Which one did you go with?

when did you get it? i havent seen one yet on the road or any dealership near us. we are ordering ours tomorrow!! exact same truck.

when did you get it? i havent seen one yet on the road or any dealership near us. we are ordering ours tomorrow!! exact same truck.
Hey edub,

That's awesome news, and don’t hesitate to reach out to me to get the status of your order. When you're ready, just PM your VIN or the dealer code/order number. I’ll be happy to check, and let you know the latest updates! :)

Not sure what it is made of, but it really looks good. It's goes great with the satin finish and chrome accent.
Congrats on your new ride, Blueflame16!

It looks absolutely amazing, and thanks for sharing with us. :thumbsup:

I’ll be here if you need me, and have wonderful weekend! :D

Tricia

Very nice. :thumbsup: Sorry to be the copy cat but I will be purchasing those running boards. Now its time for my Platinum to come in. :)

Hey edub,

That's awesome news, and don’t hesitate to reach out to me to get the status of your order. When you're ready, just PM your VIN or the dealer code/order number. I’ll be happy to check, and let you know the latest updates! :)

Congrats on your new ride, Blueflame16!

It looks absolutely amazing, and thanks for sharing with us. :thumbsup:

I’ll be here if you need me, and have wonderful weekend! :D

Tricia
Just wanted to thank Ford and the good people at the Chicago plant for making an amazing vehicle. It's without doubt the best vehicle I've ever owned and I've had plenty.

Just wanted to thank Ford and the good people at the Chicago plant for making an amazing vehicle. It's without doubt the best vehicle I've ever owned and I've had plenty.

They must actually do QC on the Platinum models. My 16 Sport could have been assembled better. The plastic trim piece around my speedometer had different color die marks in it and it would not fasten to the dash, all kinds of paint issues on the hood (crater, pimples, and bubbles), scratches everywhere, and I have a dent in my driver door edge from where the door was installed. I have had it a little over a week.

Lesson I learned is do not take possession of a vehicle during darkness and you have had a chance to inspect the vehicle thoroughly in daylight. I have an appointment with my dealer in the morning, so hoping to see these issues corrected. Other than that, I do love the vehicle. Just sad to see such poor quality in what could be such a great vehicle.

Please do not take the above as a Ford bash. I just wish I had been informed of these issues so I could have looked for them prior to signing for it.

I find myself returning several times to this thread as I await delivery of my Shadow Black Platinum. BlueFlame - you have a very beautiful looking SUV. Based on the pictures I couldn't agree more about Ford making an amazing vehicle. :thumbsup:

First order of business, remove the damn dealership name off the tailgate. Dealer name is gone.:)

Beautiful Explorer!!! These platinums are just stunning. Are those Ford running boards?? I love the design of them.

.....I have a dent in my driver door edge from where the door was installed. I have had it a little over a week.....

is the 'dent' near the door handle area? My 2016 Sport has a ding on both the driver and passenger sides. I was just chalking it up to carelessness on the part of the original dealer (my dealer had to get this one from VA).

My hitch trim piece was damaged and I am waiting for my dealer to set up the appointment to get the new trim piece and the PDR guy to get these dings out.

is the 'dent' near the door handle area? My 2016 Sport has a ding on both the driver and passenger sides. I was just chalking it up to carelessness on the part of the original dealer (my dealer had to get this one from VA).

My hitch trim piece was damaged and I am waiting for my dealer to set up the appointment to get the new trim piece and the PDR guy to get these dings out.

Mine is actually on the edge of the door toward the front just down from the mirror. Since its on the edge it had to of been done prior to install or during install.

Ford: please fire your quality control people. There not doing their job!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back