• Register Today It's free!

Hello

XLTer

Reaction score
City, State
Bay Shore, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Explorer XLT
Hi everyone just joined...I'm about to pick up my 4th XLT in about 2 days...2016!
Hey...where are all the SUVs with class III tow Pkgs? Everyone has sway control but hard to find an actual vehicle with a hitch? My dealer had to do a locate...what's up with that?

Hi everyone just joined...I'm about to pick up my 4th XLT in about 2 days...2016!
Hey...where are all the SUVs with class III tow Pkgs? Everyone has sway control but hard to find an actual vehicle with a hitch? My dealer had to do a locate...what's up with that?
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
The Class III tow package is only standard equipment on the 2016 Sport and Platinum models. It is Optional on the others. Welcome to the 5th generation Explorer.

Peter

Welcome to the forum. Like the previous poster said, the class III tow package is an option on some of the Explorer models. I got lucky and when I was looking at new Explorers a couple of months ago I found on the dealers lot a new 2015 with all the options I wanted including the class III tow package. It's a nice package to have even if you don't currently tow anything. I figure you never know when you might want to tow something and having all the electrical, hitch, and additional cooling already installed is a good idea.

Back