Can someone check their rear view mirror wires? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can someone check their rear view mirror wires?

Ecobeast88

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
I was cleaning my windshield the other day and noticed the wires and holder coming from headliner are just hanging there. It's not attached to the windshield or anything. Are they all like this? It's a 2015 explorer sport. Trying to upload pictures. Thanks!

502D0E76-B820-4EAB-B436-12A363B067D7_zpsiaz55ret.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, I noticed the same thing in my new 15 a month ago.

I thought it should be atleast adhered to the windshield? Maybe I'll stick some double sided tape under it. Thanks!

I was cleaning my windshield the other day and noticed the wires and holder coming from headliner are just hanging there. It's not attached to the windshield or anything. Are they all like this? It's a 2015 explorer sport. Trying to upload pictures. Thanks!

I've updated your case notes to add this.

Yes, I noticed the same thing in my new 15 a month ago.

Hi scarpi,

Offer still stands to check out your windshield wind noise, as well as this. :) Please private message your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

It is not glued to the window. It slides in and out/extends between and snaps in place between where the protrusion where the wires come out of the headliner and at the mirror mount. It will become dislodged if you bang it while cleaning the windshield....been there, done that a dozen times already!

Hi scarpi,

Offer still stands to check out your windshield wind noise, as well as this. :) Please private message your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

Meagan, thanks for the offer, but I haven't been to my dealer's service department yet about the windshield cowl. I don't have any noise from it. It just is not flush with the bottom of the windshield. I'm sure they will take care of it. As for the rear view mirror, I think that is the way they all are. Thanks, Don.

Back