Average age of 5th gen. owners | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Average age of 5th gen. owners

Out of 117 responses, the median age is 35. That means if we lined everyone up by age, the person in the middle would be age 35 (according to these responses).

As with most populations, the average age is slightly higher, at 40.9. This is partially because most people don't own their own car until at least 18, and because its possible to live much longer after passing an average age, but not possible to have negative age.

For those who like pretty charts,
1j5o2HZ.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you for that. Everyone loves purdy charts. ;):thumbsup:

Peter

2014 Ford Explorer Sport
Male
27 (Purchased on my 26th Birthday - Coincidentally, not a gift to myself, lol)

[MENTION=260133]amd2800barton[/MENTION] Thanks. Interesting trivia. Glad you used median instead of average. As a policy analyst by night, I really enjoy charts more than I should.

58, 9th Ford truck, last 3 have been Expeditions loaded driven to 150k plus NEVER have let me down.. Explorers, Bronco IIs, NOOOOOOW for the 10th time...2015 Sport Tricoat, tinted windows, Loaded all the toys, LOVIN it.. 24.5 mpg.. We down sized and love it!

I feel like a kid again.. Thanks for letting me join your young generation.... Love the power.

Average age of 35 sounds about right as the Ex is primarily a family utility vehicle for trucking kids and their stuff around.

Yes, I know we have younger single owners without kids and I'm 49 with no kids who likes the utility and cargo capacity, but it seems like Ford is hitting its target market.

Also, those in their 20's and 30's tend to be more into wanting to get nicer cars, and the Ex is not an inexpensive vehicle. People tend to get more cost conscious on vehicles as they age and worry about retirement.

2015 Sport. Primarily my wife's vehicle. Both of us, sixty-something.

I don't know that I count yet. My Ex is built, just waiting on it to ship and pick up. I currently own an 09 Edge.

This will be my 11th Ford/Mercury/Lincoln vehicle. They have all been trouble free.

TW

22 male, My explorer is my fifth ride now.

Of course some of us are a year older now since this thread has been running over a year.

Well I'm 68 and my wife and I are enjoying our new Explorer. We just got it a couple of months ago. We love to take it into the high country of AZ and explore forest trails and go to cabins with our little ****er Spaniel Amanda. I also enjoy cruising around town in my other vehicle an 05 Mustang GT which I also bought new back in the day. I keep her in like new condition and it still gets attention. :D

I'm 39 and just traded in my '11 F150 Ecoboost on a '16 Explorer XLT. The F150 was leveled with 35s, CAI, etc. but since we tend to take numerous roadtrips each year it felt like downsizing was a better choice. I'm really liking the Explorer a lot. More bells and whistles than the truck, but the truck sure was fun.

Just turned 37 a week ago but bought the 2016 Explorer Sport 3 weeks prior to that.

Loving it thus far, now I can say I have an all Ford garage! ('16 Explorer Sport, '98 Cobra Mustang, and '65 Mustang GT)

I am 22 years old and picked up my 2016 X Sport two weeks ago. I have wanted the new body style since I first saw it during the summer of 2010. Could not pass on getting one of the first 2016 Sport's in my area of West Michigan.

Previous rides... 94 Thunderbird (first car), 2002 Mustang GT (high school toy/project), 2012 Focus Titanium, 2010 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost.

It's been awhile since I posted. I'm 52; owner of a 2013 2.0 Ecoboost Platinum White Limited, second row buckets without the console, DVD headrests, fully loaded. I have owned it three years and have loved it. It's been through three baby grandkids, now they are 3, 4, and 5.

It's been a big boy with that 2.0 Ecoboost, a bit sluggish and I swear, there are SO MANY white platinum paint explores in the DFW area, and I want to be different! Husband agreed to a trade as long as it was a Sport so I pick up today or tomorrow a 2016 Bronze Fire Sport and am sooooooooo excited. There was only two bronze fire sports within a 500 miles radius area so I'll at least be in a nice ride that is a little different from everyone else!

Will send pics and update my signature line later!

Brought my 2016 sport in June... Traded my 2007 Benz GL450....
Mix emotions ... Ford should have done better on some things...

Male 45 years old today (9/30)

M 36

Love my 2016 Sport for everything it is and everything it isn't or what people try to make it lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back