zombie response vehicle | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

zombie response vehicle

humble begginings as a surplus cop vehicle for $830 leaking like a pig trans fluid, oil , fuel, diff fluid front and rear, brake fluid rotted lines power steering rotted lines. only 58k miles so got to work

originalfrontleft.jpg

originalrearright.jpg

added a few e-bay stickers and fixed all the crap that was broke keeping it off the road a cb and stereo

rearright.jpg

radio%20stack.jpg

fabriated front and rear bumpers

newfrontbumper1.jpg

newfrontbumper2.jpg

started wiring for lights

roof%20console%202.jpg

fabricated a rear tire carrier
tire%20carrier%20hinge%20side%20view.jpg

tire%20carrier%20latch%20side%20view.jpg

plans for carrying extra fuel

tire%20carrier%20gas%20can%20storage.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I dig it. Will be doing my own ZRV this winter. Just working the bugs out of mine right now. What other plans you have?

I'm surprised you were able to take it with the Police stickers still on it, figured they'd remove them before selling them to someone. Love the conversion though, I could never see myself driving a vehicle like that but I love looking at it. :D

I agree with burnout, I've seen quite a few "umbrella corporation" vehicles around and love how they look but I would never do it to my Car

just fabricated a new roof rackk and mounted a lightbar i mounted underneath so i can carry long ladders and material sometimes plus figured it would protect it next comes 2 side lights and a backup light
lightbar3.jpg

lightbar2.jpg

lightbar1.jpg

Back