2016 Ford Explorer Problems | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Ford Explorer Problems

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you voice your concerns to the service advisor or manager?

Any one else having problems with their 2016's? I just purchased a 2016 Ford Explorer XLT 4wd about two weeks ago. The car had just 3 miles on it and the park assist feature hasn't worked since day one. Just picked the Explorer up from the dealer today and was told it was fixed. Guess what? Not only is it not fixed but the repair job was extremely unprofessional. Glue spewed about all over the premium $500 white platinum paint. Additionally, the sensor wasn't even straight. It is completely crooked. Extremely unhappy with Ford and their quality. The leather passenger seat has a long string sticking out the middle that the dealership didn't bother to fix after having the car all day. I currently have less then 300 miles on the Explorer. Hopefully, a ford representative reads this.
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
This sounds more like a dealer problem than a Ford quality problem. As C.W. stated, this is something that should be reported to the service advisor or dealership manager. If they are unable to satisfy your concerns then you have the option of contacting FordService on this forum.
Also, it would be very helpful for future posts if you added the 'model' of your Explorer to your profile so it always shows in the margin. Thanks.

Peter

Holy sh*t Batman, to the Dealership to speak with that dastardly manager!

Never ceases to amaze me. Takes a vehicle in for service and then rants on Ford for what a dealer did not resolve. There are certainly good reasons for complaints to Ford but this one is not there yet. Also unclear about the seat thread, did you ask them to fix it or just thought they should have noticed it.

ALWAYS look over your vehicle before leaving, and dont leave until a manager has looked at your vehicle. MAKE THEM fix it right.

Never ceases to amaze me. Takes a vehicle in for service and then rants on Ford for what a dealer did not resolve. There are certainly good reasons for complaints to Ford but this one is not there yet. Also unclear about the seat thread, did you ask them to fix it or just thought they should have noticed it.

:thumbsup:

Don't you just love those trolls?

Sounds like you have a problem with your service department, not Ford. Some new vehicles will have defects no matter who the manufacturer is. Ford makes thousands of Explorers and some will have problems. If the dealer did a poor job, you need to get with the service manager at that dealership. I also make a habit of looking over my vehicle before leaving the dealership. That way if something is done poorly (other than a mechanical repair that you can't see), you are right there to show it to them immediately. I hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction. The Explorer is a great vehicle and I'm sure you will get many miles of fun in yours.

After visiting many dealers trying to get my remote start activated. You realize how many dealerships and their service people are complete idiots...

For example, the Koons Ford in Baltimore told me there was no way IDS could be used to enable remote start. I was like WHAT!? Went through several others with some saying the same thing.

Koons Ford of Silver Spring used to be a good service place, and at least they know what they are doing but the service advisers there suck now.

I'd request that they not only fix it but to make up for it. Make them throw in some accessories or something because to screw up a job, say they fixed it, waste your time causing you to have to go back to the dealership, they need to pay for it. Some dealerships don't understand that you bought a 50k vehicle and it doesn't work as it should. Not only does it not work as it should, but they screwed it up more. Either provide good service or don't even call yourself a dealership.

The leather passenger seat has a long string sticking out the middle

1) Hold thread taunt between thumb and pointer finger.
2) With other hand, lightly touch the base of thread with razor blade.
3) Throw thread into garbage.
4) Enjoy Explorer.

Did you voice your concerns to the service advisor or manager?

If they are unable to satisfy your concerns then you have the option of contacting FordService on this forum...

to the Dealership...
Welcome to the neighborhood, Newfordproblems! :thumbsup:

My name is Tricia, and I’m the U.S. Ford Customer Service Representative. Your fellow forum members are on the right track. I also recommend taking your vehicle back to the dealer.

In the meantime, please private message (PM) your full name, VIN, dealer, and best daytime phone number. I’ll loop in a customer service manager for your region to assist! :D

Tricia

Back