Hood Lettering | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The interceptor lettering is kind of neat as it makes people do a double take but you cant go wrong with the original lettering either, They both fit the area very well

-Benny

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

eh I still do not like this....

Since lots of folks seem interested in customizing their hood badging, I thought I'd use one of those word generators to see how many different words you could make out of "INTERCEPTOR" and stick on your hood. Here are some of my favorites:

PROTECTER
ERECTION
PRETTIER
ROTTENER
CRITTER
TREETOP
EROTIC
POTTER
RIOTER
INEPT
NITRO
PETER
PINTO
NICE

Someone should try this with "EXPLORER," or with both sets of letters!

LOL! some funny stuff there ;)

-Benny

LOL! some funny stuff there ;)

-Benny

Since you guys offer both the EXPLORER and INTERCEPTOR lettering, maybe you can confirm whether or not both sets are identical fonts in terms of size, slant/angle, color, and finish?

I've thought about doing personalized lettering on the hood for a while, but wouldn't want to use any other font aside from OE

Since you guys offer both the EXPLORER and INTERCEPTOR lettering, maybe you can confirm whether or not both sets are identical fonts in terms of size, slant/angle, color, and finish?

I've thought about doing personalized lettering on the hood for a while, but wouldn't want to use any other font aside from OE

I would have to get someone to physically check these as we are not located within the parts department so we do not have access to inventory. I will shoot a message to the shippers to eyeball both

-Benny

Hey Benny will the black sport grille fit on a 2011 limited?

Thanks

Adding Hood Letters

My wife has recently bought a white,2015 Limited, and we both like the look of the hood lettering on the sport model, so I went out and got a Tuxedo black set, from ebay. They come pre-assembled, so to speak, with locating holes in the center, and on both sides of the package, which I assume I can use to properly locate the letters onto the hood.
Can anyone tell me what the best way would be to locate the center of the hood lip? I would hate to be off just enough to make it look funny

My wife has recently bought a white,2015 Limited, and we both like the look of the hood lettering on the sport model, so I went out and got a Tuxedo black set, from ebay. They come pre-assembled, so to speak, with locating holes in the center, and on both sides of the package, which I assume I can use to properly locate the letters onto the hood.
Can anyone tell me what the best way would be to locate the center of the hood lip? I would hate to be off just enough to make it look funny
I merged your thread with this existing one on the same topic. It seems to me that one way the mid point can easily be found is by measuring the Ford blue oval, find its midpoint and take a line straight up to the hood.
Also, please add the 'model' of your Ex to your profile so it shows in the margin. Thanks.

Peter

SO I've read through this whole thread, and I would like to try the alternate spacing method, which is described in post number 83, page 5, but some details are missing, such as where to start(center,I assume), and the distance from the edge of the hood lip.
I tried to PM the original poster, but it was a few years ago, and I'm guessing he doesn't frequent here often, as I haven't heard back.

Has anyone else here done this? Can you provide some details?

Thanks

SO I've read through this whole thread, and I would like to try the alternate spacing method, which is described in post number 83, page 5, but some details are missing, such as where to start(center,I assume), and the distance from the edge of the hood lip.
I tried to PM the original poster, but it was a few years ago, and I'm guessing he doesn't frequent here often, as I haven't heard back.

Has anyone else here done this? Can you provide some details?

Thanks
FYI, that member last posted on the 23 of June, 2015.

Peter

OEM Explorer lettering

I installed the lettering yesterday on my Platinum. Very simple to do.

Attachments

• 0A2C85E6-8D12-46A4-A735-70E9BE18CB99.jpg
    0A2C85E6-8D12-46A4-A735-70E9BE18CB99.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 458

Well that looks pretty good,too. Nice job.
I'm guessing you found the center, and applied them using the jig that they came in?

Maybe I'll just apply them as they came, the template looks easy to align, and I'm scared that if I space the letters further apart myself, it will look bad. Our rig is white as well, and that adds a nice contrast to the front.

Thanks for the pic,

I wonder what the lettering would look like on a bug/Rock guard.

Not a fan of that!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hood "Explorer" Lettering

I just purchased a black 2016 Explorer Limited and I am curious your thoughts on what color to buy for the "Explorer" lettering for the hood. From what I can see there is Matte Black, Gloss Black, Chrome, or Graphite. Which in your opinion do you think would look the best/what have others put on their Explorers?
2ues8yu.jpg

Back