3rd gen pic's | Page 270 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

^^ I'm a big fan of my General Grabber AT2's. They have a very aggressive tread and sidewall pattern but are extremely smooth and quiet on the streets.

0005134208039_500X500.jpg

I saw those on TireRack.. I'll have to look into them, thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I saw those on TireRack.. I'll have to look into them, thanks!

2nd those, also look into the Toyo open country at2 and Nitto terra grappler G2, if you're looking for an all terrain anyway. The bfg ko2's look great as well.

just want to add my x to this

Attachments

• 20150918_172247.jpg
    20150918_172247.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 949
  • 20150918_172555.jpg
    20150918_172555.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 960
  • 20150918_172341.jpg
    20150918_172341.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 975

My first Explorer. '04 XLT 4x4, just got her a couple weeks ago. Pictures were taken on a local truck trail.

G7qIXjal.jpg

wqnVGI4l.jpg

0sjp9Del.jpg

ooEEjF7l.jpg

NV665JEl.jpg

My '03 Explorer

Finally got the Ex driving right (realized I installed the right side UCA on the left side) now it's time to start tackling the fun stuff!

First thing to go is the hooooorrrrrid front bumper. XLT style with LED fogs OTW. (colormatched of course)
Wheel Spacers
Strut Spacers
Rims
Beefier tires
Light bars
Backup lights
Sound system finished

So much to have fun with :thumbsup:

Dora_zps2wimwtdc.jpg

Guess I should probably add a before and after pic.

Throwback

Clean%20third%20gen_zpswecuggjh.png

Went digging through my Instagram and found this gem. Love how clean she used to be!

I was parked on like a 15 degree downhill gradient, so it made the front end kinda sag. Plus on the passenger side, the road is a lot lower. The back drivers tire is actually barely off the ground.

Why does the back end sit so high? Are you parked on something?

I was parked on like a 15 degree downhill gradient, so it made the front end kinda sag. Plus on the passenger side, the road is a lot lower. The back drivers tire is actually barely off the ground.

Ah that makes sense

So after years of the material sitting in my shed I finally fabbed up my lift kit and installed it. 2" spacers all round :)
Also fitted wheel spacers and a set of 285/70/17 Mickey Thompson Baja ATZs on the factory rims.
Gained 4" overall and I'm pretty happy with that.
The last photo is her next to my dads stock jeep for comparison ;)
image_3.jpg

image.jpg

I really like how you mounted those lights, do you have a close up pic and or a link to were you got it? :thumbsup: :D

If your talking about the the front, it is a universal KC light bar, i ordered it from summit racing.

So after years of the material sitting in my shed I finally fabbed up my lift kit and installed it. 2" spacers all round :)
Also fitted wheel spacers and a set of 285/70/17 Mickey Thompson Baja ATZs on the factory rims.
Gained 4" overall and I'm pretty happy with that.
The last photo is her next to my dads stock jeep for comparison ;)
image_3.jpg

image.jpg

Looking good.

Tow Pig

log%202_zps92n9j0qv.jpg

I got my F150 tow hooks installed this weekend too.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My Ex

Old Trim Vs New Trim....

My%20ex.jpg

Finished product....

bedliner%20plastics.jpg

Back