MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer

Still showing 3.7 as the latest update fit me and no update available.

I checked a 16 Explorer than came with 3.7 and you are correct saying it is at the latest version with 3.7. Odd since it appears those made mid and late sept have 3.8 in them from the factory (per OASIS service message indicating issues with 3.8 on the Explorer and other models from the factory). Perhaps those are still having some issues. Only Ford can answer why.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Then it seems reasonable for Ford not releasing update for 16 vehicles

I have an A6 card will the update still work?

I checked a 16 Explorer than came with 3.7 and you are correct saying it is at the latest version with 3.7. Odd since it appears those made mid and late sept have 3.8 in them from the factory (per OASIS service message indicating issues with 3.8 on the Explorer and other models from the factory). Perhaps those are still having some issues. Only Ford can answer why.

Jason,
I've sent you PM some time ago, have you got it or no?
Waiting for some reply, please!

I used the SIRI commands through MFT last night and was impressed at how well it worked.

Not sure what else this update improves but thanks IVT for the update.

Not sure how the improved address entry for China destinations helps us here in North America. I thought the export vehicles had a different version altogether.

I guess all that talk about end of life can be put to rest now.

SYNC programming was offline again this morning. I just checked a 2016 and looks like 3.8 is available for updating on the dealer side. Hopefully on the owner side as well.

The biggie is that it is for 2011-2013 as well as 2014+ not just 2014+ that 3.7 was. Huge for those with 11-13 models!
I see that 3.8 is available for me today as well. If anyone has updated their MFT, how long did it actually take? Site says 30 minutes.

Peter

I see that 3.8 is available for me today as well. If anyone has updated their MFT, how long did it actually take? Site says 30 minutes.

Peter

I just did a test unit from 3.7 to 3.8 and it took about 20 minutes

I just did a test unit from 3.7 to 3.8 and it took about 20 minutes
Thanks Jason. I have about a 20 minute trip today and another tomorrow which is slightly longer so I'll try updating today or tomorrow.:thumbsup:

Peter

I just upgraded my 2016 Sport from 3.7 to 3.8 without any problems. I also have the A6 NAV SD card and is working just fine after the upgrade. Took about 20 minutes. I tested SIRI afterwards and I'm also impressed on how it worked. Everything else also seems to be working well with this 3.8 upgrade.

Still showing 3.7 as the latest update fit me and no update available.

Update just showed up for my 2016. Installed it and everything seems to be working great!

Appreciate the help jmr061!

Installed on my way to hockey, rebooted system several times and went no problem without an issue. Lighting and some custom setting we changed to defaults again but everything is good so far. I am an android user so cannot test the sari system. I had to reconnect my phone again also, as it lost my profile.

Uploading the xml file is another story, have tried several times but still unsuccessful. will try again tomorrow. Should I bring the file to the dealership if it will not upload for me?

Updated too. Works fine. You also don't have to have the car running to do the update. Just an FYI.

Uploading the xml file is another story, have tried several times but still unsuccessful. will try again tomorrow. Should I bring the file to the dealership if it will not upload for me?

Run a vehicle health report, that while update your online account.

Do you still have 911 assist?

Yes. After the update it was turned off by default, but during the pairing process it gave me the option to turn it back on.

Installed on my way to hockey, rebooted system several times and went no problem without an issue. Lighting and some custom setting we changed to defaults again but everything is good so far. I am an android user so cannot test the sari system. I had to reconnect my phone again also, as it lost my profile.

You got the new sari system?...........I only have Siri so I have wait for the next update. LOL!

Dont worry you will have Android Auto soon.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey everyone!

I'm glad to see you're all liking the update so far. I just want to jump in to clarify a few things. This update is for all MFT/MLT vehicles, and includes all improvements from previous updates (such as version 3.7 for those of you that it wasn't available for). You do not need to update your maps with a new map SD card as long as you have an A3 or higher SD card. If you cannot report the install back to us, please run a Vehicle Health Report (U.S. Customers only) or Status Checker (U.S. and Canadian Customers) by following these instructions:

Vehicle Health Report - http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...ync-with-myford-touch.html?sync=my-ford-touch

Status Checker - Log into your Owner.Ford.com account, click on SYNC & HOW-TOS, then CHECK FOR SOFTWARE UPDATES, and scroll to the bottom of the page. There should be a Verification tool with instructions on how to use it.

Here's the link on how to download and install the update:

https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync...uch/software-updates.html/?sync=my-ford-touch

Please note: Your vehicle should be running during the install to ensure the radio doesn't go into battery saver mode and disrupt the update process.

Should anyone not see this update available for download or if you have any questions, please send me the details in a private message along with your VIN. :)

Rebecca

Back