2016 Platinum Late Production? | Page 28 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Platinum Late Production?

All

Thanks for the replies. I fully understand the dealer can install the console and am absolutely positive they will make it right from a cost perspective as my build sheet has it included in the agreed purchase price of the Platinum.

Here is where my issue is albeit a minor one. As I implied in a previous post, I would want the VIN to show that this option came with the Platinum vs. an aftermarket installed item. In the long run when it's time to trade/sell again it kind of devalues the car when getting pricing. Not really by much but a little.

If it's too late to have the factory install it and get the window sticker/VIN changed to have it included, I will live with having the dealer install it. I just, kind of want it right.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I ordered it as well, and it's on my window sticker, however it's only a $150 option. In the grand scheme of things I can't see this having any sway on resale value. The biggest impact at time of resale will be the fact that it's in the vehicle, not that it is listed on the original window sticker.

All

Thanks for the replies. I fully understand the dealer can install the console and am absolutely positive they will make it right from a cost perspective as my build sheet has it included in the agreed purchase price of the Platinum.

Here is where my issue is albeit a minor one. As I implied in a previous post, I would want the VIN to show that this option came with the Platinum vs. an aftermarket installed item. In the long run when it's time to trade/sell again it kind of devalues the car when getting pricing. Not really by much but a little.

If it's too late to have the factory install it and get the window sticker/VIN changed to have it included, I will live with having the dealer install it. I just, kind of want it right.

I thought the USB ports were in the rear of the front console to put them in front of the 2nd row passengers? I understood the 2nrd row console to simply be an armrest, cup holder, and storage box.
Whoops, you are right. I guess because the ports were in the back of the front console for some reason (old age) I was thinking it was the 2nd row console. :( Have to stop posting just before going to bed!

Peter

Someone buying your used car won't care whether the console was installed at the factory or installed by the dealer a few weeks later. They won't care. Unless it's installed backwards or something. Which probably isn't even possible.

I was able to pull up my window sticker last night. All looked good until I went to the options. When I ordered I installed the 2nd row console and the window sticker does not show the console, just the 2nd row buckets.

I went back and pulled up the build sheet when I ordered and signed at the dealer and it shows 2nd row console. Stopped in at the dealership today and showed them and it appears to be an error somewhere. Either dealer set up order wrong or the factory has an issue. Build date was yesterday.

Salesman and I were talking and he said its probably something that can be installed easily later on however I explained I would want the VIN to show all options ordered. In my mind it would devalue the Ex, not by much but still.

Other than that - Very happy to see window sticker.

You should be OK... It's just a add on to the option with rear bucket

Someone buying your used car won't care whether the console was installed at the factory or installed by the dealer a few weeks later. They won't care. Unless it's installed backwards or something. Which probably isn't even possible.

Some that want the extra center seat may also pass on this as a used car. All a matter of what you want. I like 2nd row buckets with no console. I never checked, but wonder if it makes a difference on insurance, since you can carry another passenger if you choose the full 2nd row seat?

He's talking about the spec sheet listing it as "2nd row captains chairs w/o center console" vs. "2nd row captains chairs w/center console".

I realize that. That's why I said it was minimal and if all else fails the dealer will make it right.

Stevro40, by the time you sell your Platinum you will have lost your window sticker and forgotten about it. By the way, aren't the second row seats bucket seats, not captain seats? The bucket seats don't have arms.

Stevro40, by the time you sell your Platinum you will have lost your window sticker and forgotten about it. By the way, aren't the second row seats bucket seats, not captain seats? The bucket seats don't have arms.

Ford labels them as "captain" chairs and no they don't have arm rests.

Ford labels them as "captain" chairs and no they don't have arm rests.
I have never seen them listed by Ford as 'Captain's' chairs since the 2011 came out. They have always been shown and referred to as 'bucket' seats. Check out the Ford.ca or Ford.com websites and if you do a 'Build & Price' you will see the 2nd row 'bucket' seats as an option. Interestingly they are $500 in Canada and $695 in the U.S.

Peter

My window sticker lists them as "2nd row bucket seats".

I have never seen them listed by Ford as 'Captain's' chairs since the 2011 came out. They have always been shown and referred to as 'bucket' seats. Check out the Ford.ca or Ford.com websites and if you do a 'Build & Price' you will see the 2nd row 'bucket' seats as an option. Interestingly they are $500 in Canada and $695 in the U.S.

Peter

My window sticker was available today with a built date of October 22 and with all the accessories exactly as I had ordered it from my dealer. Here is a partial copy of my window sticker,

ExplorerPlatinum.jpg

My Ford Explorer Platinum timeline.

1- Saturday August 15,2015 , placed order with my Dealer in New Jersey.

2- Tuesday August 18,2015 Ford received my order Confirmed by Tricia

3- Friday September 18,2015 Ford issued VIN# Confirmed by Tricia

4- Monday September 29 ,2015 Built date schedule week of October 19, 2015

5- Wednesday October 7,2015 Tricia surprised me with a delivery day for November 6 ,2015 and she was right on because my salesman called me today and told me that Ford emailed him with the delivery date as of the first week in November. Right on time for my birthday which is on November 23. What a birthday present!

6 - Today Thursday October 15, Window Sticker available with a built date of October 22.

After market accessories,
Dark WeatherTech In channel side window deflectors
WeatherTech Cargo liner
Ionic CXV Running Boards
20 % window tint for front windows to match rest of the Explorer.
"Dawn" Rear Bumper cover protector
MaGuard Wheel Locks
Lloyd's Ultimate Carpets with Explorer embroided logo for front,second and third row areas.
All these aftermarket accessories are already home waiting for the new Platinum Explorer.

I will post photos once all these items have been installed in the Explorer.

Congrats! Where on the window sticker does it show the build date? I've got a window sticker too but I don't see that info on it.

My window sticker was available today with a built date of October 22 and with all the accessories exactly as I had ordered it from my dealer. Here is a partial copy of my window sticker,

View attachment 86339

My Ford Explorer Platinum timeline.

1- Saturday August 15,2015 , placed order with my Dealer in New Jersey.

2- Tuesday August 18,2015 Ford received my order Confirmed by Tricia

3- Friday September 18,2015 Ford issued VIN# Confirmed by Tricia

4- Monday September 29 ,2015 Built date schedule week of October 19, 2015

5- Wednesday October 7,2015 Tricia surprised me with a delivery day for November 6 ,2015 and she was right on because my salesman called me today and told me that Ford emailed him with the delivery date as of the first week in November. Right on time for my birthday which is on November 23. What a birthday present!

6 - Today Thursday October 15, Window Sticker available with a built date of October 22.

After market accessories,
Dark WeatherTech In channel side window deflectors
WeatherTech Cargo liner
Ionic CXV Running Boards
20 % window tint for front windows to match rest of the Explorer.
"Dawn" Rear Bumper cover protector
MaGuard Wheel Locks
Lloyd's Ultimate Carpets with Explorer embroided logo for front,second and third row areas.
All these aftermarket accessories are already home waiting for the new Platinum Explorer.

I will post photos once all these items have been installed in the Explorer.

Congrats! Where on the window sticker does it show the build date? I've got a window sticker too but I don't see that info on it.

when I took the photo I didn't take that part but if you look at your window sticker right on top of the page where your exterior/interior colors is posted right above the top of the page you will see a series of small numbers that it looks something like this 120151019 followed by 4 other big numbers . If you know how to read it , it goes like this .Ignore the #1 and the next 4 numbers is the year 2015, then the next two numbers is the month 10 = October and the next two numbers 19 = the date is being built. 1201510194567 means that this car is being built on 2015 October 19. disregard the rest of the last numbers. This is just an example . Hope this helps.

Awesome! Yes it does, thank you! Looks like my build date is tomorrow!

when I took the photo I didn't take that part but if you look at your window sticker right on top of the page where your exterior/interior colors is posted right above the top of the page you will see a series of small numbers that it looks something like this 120151019 followed by 4 other big numbers . If you know how to read it , it goes like this .Ignore the #1 and the next 4 numbers is the year 2015, then the next two numbers is the month 10 = October and the next two numbers 19 = the date is being built. 1201510194567 means that this car is being built on 2015 October 19. disregard the rest of the last numbers. This is just an example . Hope this helps.

Awesome! Yes it does, thank you! Looks like my build date is tomorrow!

My build date on my window sticker was 20151012 October 12, 2015. When I put my Vin# in ETIS it shows a build date of 14.10.2015. I assume that is the date my Explorer passed quality control and was ready to be shipped to the dealer. I am hoping it has been loaded on a train and headed east. Any comments on this is welcome.... The more I read about the Platinum the more excited I get.

JethroXP, my build date is also tomorrow and due @ dlr on Nov. 16. I'll let u know if my date is good.

JethroXP, my build date is also tomorrow and due @ dlr on Nov. 16. I'll let u know if my date is good.

I find that interesting, my shipping time is about 16 days and yours is about 30days. I live about 1000 miles from Chicago. Train to Buffalo and tractor for another 200 miles.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Me and deant have the exact same build date and delivery date. I'm about 2000 miles from Chicago in the Seattle area.

I find that interesting, my shipping time is about 16 days and yours is about 30days. I live about 1000 miles from Chicago. Train to Buffalo and tractor for another 200 miles.

Back