Door handle touch unlock all doors? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Door handle touch unlock all doors?

Thanks

We were able to find the setting and switch it. Even though the dealer told us the car was not able to open all the doors at once. Seems like the dealers should know how to work what they sell!

Thanks for the replies.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We were able to find the setting and switch it. Even though the dealer told us the car was not able to open all the doors at once. Seems like the dealers should know how to work what they sell!

Thanks for the replies.

One of the benefits of this Forum is there are many here with significantly more knowledge then the dealers, both sales and service staff.

Many of us have become aware of TSB's, recalls, or updates through this forum WELL before the dealers know.

I have argued with the dealer about build options and TSB's only to have them come back later and admit they had no knowledge and weren't up to date.

This forum is a wealth of info, sometimes anecdotal hearsay but mostly factual.

Seems like the dealers should know how to work what they sell!

Agree somewhat, but most have several different models and dozens of options and functionality on each. Hard to know them all.

Thanks for the replies.

On every car that I have purchased, I've known more about the vehicle than the sales person; in which they have always respectively acknowledged.
They can concentrate on running the numbers to get down to my OTR and I can worry about the features and other details.

It is nice to have the option for all or just driver door and to be able to easily change this setting, especially in areas you are alone and DO NOT want to have the entire vehicle unlocked.

On my '16 Explorer I do not have the option on the left-hand cluster but I can change these settings from the key fob. If you press and hold the LOCK + UNLOCK, at the same time, the hazard lights will flash after the change has been made. You can change from driver door only to all doors and back again by repeating the steps.

Welcome to the Forum Ryan.
I'm surprised that your Sport doesn't have the ability to program the lock/unlock features from the settings. I thought all Sport trims had it.
As far as I know, this is the first time this has been mentioned. It's especially strange since you can modify the settings with the fob.
Did you try going to the settings icon on the MFT screen and selecting Vehicle Settings?

Peter

Back