How to: 2nd gen bodylift - PA 883 Bodylift Instructions | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: 2nd gen bodylift - PA 883 Bodylift Instructions

This kit will work on a four door, correct?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yes

Thanks

At wits end here, could use some words of encouragement or better yet, some kind of amazing helpful hint.

Have most of my body mount bolts free except the two very front mounts (one was already broken off from some previous damage and very poorly repaired (bolt was broken off, someone put a collar on it then another bolt into the collar from the bottom), the other is just really damn stuck. Those two I'm not so concerned with since the lower nuts are off, I can lift the body off the frame and cut those out and fix them off the truck before mounting everything up again.

The REAL problem is the passenger side cab mount under the front seat. I cannot, CANNOT get it to break free from the lower mount. No matter what, the whole assembly spins. Got all the rest out by using a 4x4 post with a hole drilled in it compressing the mounts with a floor jack then hitting it with the impact gun, but this one still spins. Wound up taking the top cup of my floor ******** and letting the bolt push through the hole in the top of the jack, bypassing the wood. Grips better, but still, lifting the one side of the truck completely up on that mount, hitting it with the impact running at 140psi it still spins. Heat. Still spins.

I've seen the suggestion to weld a nut to it so that you can wrench / breaker bar if from beneath, but I don't have anyone to do the welding for me, and sadly welding isn't something I've done since high school shops class.

Am I going to have to cut it out and replace? Was really hoping to not spend any more money since I just spent a bunch of $$ on tires I can't mount till the body mount is in :/ If I do need to cut it out, how should I go about it?

Yours in absolute frustration.

---
EDIT
SOLVED! ish
Borrowed a welder. Welded on a nut. Set the mount on fire. Got the bolt out. Now I need to replace the mount, but I consider this a step forward. I guess? :dunno:

I spy a problem
rO4KwSr.jpg

Guess I'll need to get it machined

Excellent write up

Great job, however the title should be 3rd gen not second lol.... Details?

Nope, its for a second gen. Its just that the 2001-2003 sports have a suedo 3rd gen body on a 2nd gen frame.

Nope, its for a second gen. Its just that the 2001-2003 sports have a suedo 3rd gen body on a 2nd gen frame.

I just learned something! Thanks! So this will work on my '98 EB explorer then? :salute:

Yes sir, I have it on my 98

Back