MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer

I did do the Master reset and re-bluetoothed My lg g3 to the radio and still won`t let me play my music from my phone, It worked perfect before the 3.8 update. I have reset my phone and everything and nothing. :(

Hi 2003vstrom,

What happens when you try to play media from your device? Is the issue that you don't hear anything from the vehicle?

Also, are you changing the SYNC audio source to Bluetooth audio?

Whitney

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well you would think it should have worked, but it didn't. The voice command wouldn't cage from celis to fairint. Had other issues as well, salesman tryed master reset that didn't work.

Not sure what you're saying, are you still having issues?

Ford Explorer 2016 4x4 Platinum

Everything is working great since the update to SYC 3 on 10-8-2015

Everything is working great since the update to SYC 3 on 10-8-2015

Unfortunately you don't have SYNC 3, no Explorer has it until 2017. You have My Ford Touch SYNC Gen 2 v3.8.

Sync 3.8 Upgrade Works

Just thought I'd pass along my experience upgrading my MFT to Sync 3.8 yesterday. The upgrade is definitely worth doing, but if you're using a Mac, I'll pass on these tips:

1. Using my Mac and its default browser, Safari, I wasn't able to accomplish the 4-step process as detailed on the upgrade page. Here's what I noticed:
a. Step 1, downloading the file, worked fine. The downloaded file went to my Downloads folder, just as it should.
b. I wasn't able to get to Step 2 using Safari. For some reason, after the download was complete, it browser would stay on Step 1...with no way of advancing to Step 2 manually. (Step 2, by the way, details which files need to be moved to the USB drive...I was trying to ensure I had the correct files in the correct format).

2. Using Chrome, the 4-step process worked as designed.

3. I don't think anyone bothered to proofread the instructions, as the instructions assume map Version A5 is the current one. Although I have Version A6, I figured it must be OK (and it was).

4. After completing the installation on my Explorer, taking the USB drive back to my Mac and uploading the XML file (which worked as designed), I noticed an email from Ford Sync telling me I needed to upload the file to complete the process. Ummm....isn't that what I did?

5. Rather than having the user upload the XML file after completing the update, wouldn't it make more sense to just have the user run a Vehicle Health Report to accomplish the same thing? (I realize this method wouldn't work in Canada, as for some reason Vehicle Health Report isn't supported there).

I tried some Siri interaction this morning on my drive in to work, and all seemed to work just as it should. I was able to have Siri read my day's calendar appointments, today's weather, and play selected songs/artists from my iPhone.

Just thought I'd pass this along...the key point (for me, anyway) is that the user should use Chrome (or, perhaps, Firefox?) instead of Safari.

Sync 3.8 download on a MAC

I upgraded the sync software on my 2014 Limited about a week ago. It downloaded fine on my MAC, (to the downloads folder) file was already uncompressed, I copied it to the jump drive. Started the vehicle and it loaded fine and the upgrade went without any issues. Came back and put the jump drive back into the MAC and uploaded the new file created by the vehicle after the update.:)

Bill

I upgraded the sync software on my 2014 Limited about a week ago. It downloaded fine on my MAC, file was already uncompressed when I copied it to the jump drive. Started the vehicle and it loaded fine and the upgrade went without any issues. Came back and put the jump drive back into the MAC and uploaded the new file created by the vehicle after the update.:)

Bill

Bill,

Were you using Safari when you downloaded the update? (And I don't know if it matters or not, but my Mac runs the current OS, El Capitan...?).

Bill,

Were you using Safari when you downloaded the update? (And I don't know if it matters or not, but my Mac runs the current OS, El Capitan...?).

Yes I am currently running El Capitan, and using Safari as the browser.

TB

TB

Interesting that it behaved differently on your system than it did on mine (assuming the Download page automatically moved to Step 2 on your system?).

Anyway...glad we got the update, and it seems to work well!

TB

I'm shocked you were able to do that with a MacBook, even with Chrome. I tried that on several previous updates without success and eventually had to use a work Windows PC to have it work. I found the syncmyride website and the MFT updates didn't play well with MacBook and OSX 10.

SIRI has been working flawlessly for me since the 3.8 update. I never used SIRI much on the iPhone before this, but it's great to reply to text messages.

Only thing that needs better integration is when you ask SIRI "Where is the nearest Starbucks" SIRI then asks you if you want directions but those directions are not voiced back they sit on your phone, not your MFT Navigation screen.

Mac works fine...If

I'm shocked you were able to do that with a MacBook, even with Chrome. I tried that on several previous updates without success and eventually had to use a work Windows PC to have it work. I found the syncmyride website and the MFT updates didn't play well with MacBook and OSX 10.

SIRI has been working flawlessly for me since the 3.8 update. I never used SIRI much on the iPhone before this, but it's great to reply to text messages.

Only thing that needs better integration is when you ask SIRI "Where is the nearest Starbucks" SIRI then asks you if you want directions but those directions are not voiced back they sit on your phone, not your MFT Navigation screen.
The thumb drive has to be formatted as FAT32...otherwise everything works fine. No problems with Safari or the Mac. My first try I used a thumb drive formatted to Journaled. Didn't work. Now that I've updated to the latest I'm trying to find something on the Ford site describing the new features. More than the Siri short list. And, what can I now do with Siri? More than make phone calls, I presume.

I found a location on the MFT screen for Apps but I can't find anything on the Ford website regarding how to use them or where they might be...if at all.

Any help would be appreciated.
:salute:

The thumb drive has to be formatted as FAT32...otherwise everything works fine. No problems with Safari or the Mac. My first try I used a thumb drive formatted to Journaled. Didn't work. Now that I've updated to the latest I'm trying to find something on the Ford site describing the new features. More than the Siri short list. And, what can I now do with Siri? More than make phone calls, I presume.

I found a location on the MFT screen for Apps but I can't find anything on the Ford website regarding how to use them or where they might be...if at all.

There are no APPs that can be added.

Yes I know it has to be FAT32, the Ford USB we got with the big update a few years ago came with a USB already FAT32 formated.

Im with you, I wish we could install approved Apps but as others have stated its not to be.

There are no APPs that can be added.

NOT TRUE!!!!!

We have the coveted Vehicle Health Report and 911 Assist Apps. These are groundbreaking technology and we should be glad we got a whole two apps.

Back when I was a kid, we got ZERO apps. Can you imagine the horror of driving a car with no apps?!?! You had to take your car to the mechanic or beg someone to find a payphone to call 911.

NOT TRUE!!!!!

We have the coveted Vehicle Health Report and 911 Assist Apps. These are groundbreaking technology and we should be glad we got a whole two apps.

Back when I was a kid, we got ZERO apps. Can you imagine the horror of driving a car with no apps?!?! You had to take your car to the mechanic or beg someone to find a payphone to call 911.
Jason posted that no Apps can be added. VHR and 911 already exist.:)

Peter

MY notes regarding new MFT 3.8
Good
1. Phone is now indeed reconnects automatically without any hassle unlike before
2. System seems to be little bit more faster

Bad
1. USB device indexing still works like a ****! I always have twice or triple times more songs in my playlist than actual upon first indexing!!! What the hell? I have to re-index two or three times to get correct number of songs in my playlists. It was on all 3.xx versions and last is no different.
2. Album arts displayng algorithm is not clear, some embedded arts displayng ok, some just do not appear at all even though most of them have the same standard 500x500. Not embedded album arts are not displayng at all.
3. Playlists in non-latin based alphabets are ALWAYS empty! I have to dig into artists or albums to get them played! I understand its because of voice commands, but MFT could skip voice commands for those.
4. Entering location should start from number and street address not city, city should autofill or give suggestions based on street address like on all Garmin devices.

Otherwise it is more or less ok

My phone connected fine pre-update. It still connects fine post update.

The black out feature is neat, but bears getting used to. I'm using the phone as gps, so you have a view of the road ahead. Once you're on a stretch and there's nothing to report, the phone screen blacks out. The phone screen lights up again when you're starting to approach a turn or similar.

Also, there's no more having to say, "Hey, Siri!" to get the phone to respond (and it worked only when connected to power). Hold the steering button for 3 seconds and you get a prompt that Siri is ready to hear your command.

Looks like I won’t be abandoning the “Hey, Siri” direct to phone command just yet.

Because that is the only way that the phone will launch a music app by voice, such as my free Rhapsody streaming service from T-Mobile. If I do the “Hey, Siri, Rhapsody is duly launched and ready to play my music stream.

If I go through the 3 second press, I get a 2001 Space Odyssey response, “Sorry, I can’t do that while you’re in the car, Dave.” Only it doesn’t really call me Dave. But iPhone via car audio control is unable to distinguish between, say, an audio app versus something like Angry Birds, so in protecting me from distracted driving, it drives me to distraction.

Also, I learned that the Ford does not perform a re-scan once it’s started. I had to reset my phone while the car was parked, but running, and I discovered that the phone did not reconnect to the Explorer.

NOT TRUE!!!!!

:chug::thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got a first bug ysterday running 3.8. Suddenly MFT stopped playing music from USB drive. I got "Unknown Song/Unknown Artist" and current/total songs counter disapeared.
Voice commands were working, at least I was able to switch playlists ... but nothing happened. Tried another USB drive same happened. Got it working againg after master reset.
This has never happened to me before...

Back