Just got my first Ford - 2016 Explorer XLT. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just got my first Ford - 2016 Explorer XLT.

[MENTION=157968]FordService[/MENTION] - can you help [MENTION=293416]xerais[/MENTION] out?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I didn't receive a call from a manager as I was told would happen. I called in this morning and the representative I talked to said there was a note saying I had been called...
Hello xerais,

Do you have your case number by chance? If not, please PM your full name, VIN, mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number. I’ll take a look! :)

[MENTION=157968]FordService[/MENTION] - can you help [MENTION=293416]xerais[/MENTION] out?
cwescapexlt4x4,

Thanks for the heads-up, and have a great weekend! :thumbsup:

Tricia

[MENTION=157968]FordService[/MENTION] I PM'd over the case number. Thanks for reaching out!

Well yesterday when I called in I was transferred to a voicemail where I was prompted to leave a message with my name, case number and best phone number to be reached. It stated as long as I had called in before 1pm I would receive a call back within 4 hours.

Needless to say I never got a phone call. I just called back into Ford today and am told that all managers are off for the weekend and they have no information for me. The notes in the case state that I was transferred to the extension but that there was no attempt to call me. They don't know why.

I was told to expect a call sometime next week.

I called the Ford dealership and they informed me that I should call them next week because they don't have any updates.

Hopefully [MENTION=157968]FordService[/MENTION] will be able to help in some way when they return to work on Monday.

Well yesterday when I called in I was transferred to a voicemail where I was prompted to leave a message with my name, case number and best phone number to be reached. It stated as long as I had called in before 1pm I would receive a call back within 4 hours.

Needless to say I never got a phone call. I just called back into Ford today and am told that all managers are off for the weekend and they have no information for me. The notes in the case state that I was transferred to the extension but that there was no attempt to call me. They don't know why.

I was told to expect a call sometime next week.

I called the Ford dealership and they informed me that I should call them next week because they don't have any updates.

Hopefully [MENTION=157968]FordService[/MENTION] will be able to help in some way when they return to work on Monday.

Checking it out right now. Hang tight.

Meagan

Finally had contact with the regional manager. The part that I need has an ETA of November 16th. I'm just glad to actually have a date and some kind of ETA. Ford offered to write a check for the time that I haven't been able to drive my new explorer which I think is reasonable and fair.

While I'm obviously disappointed about the wait, I'm a lot happier to actually know what is going on and feel like I've had some kind of resolution.
[MENTION=157968]FordService[/MENTION] Thank you for reaching out, I sincerely appreciate it!

I'll update this thread when I have any further news. Thanks for all the assistance everyone.

Finally had contact with the regional manager. The part that I need has an ETA of November 16th. I'm just glad to actually have a date and some kind of ETA. Ford offered to write a check for the time that I haven't been able to drive my new explorer which I think is reasonable and fair.

While I'm obviously disappointed about the wait, I'm a lot happier to actually know what is going on and feel like I've had some kind of resolution.
[MENTION=157968]FordService[/MENTION] Thank you for reaching out, I sincerely appreciate it!

I'll update this thread when I have any further news. Thanks for all the assistance everyone.

That's solid. I can respect that. Our Ford Customer Service folks here are great!:)

That is good news overall!

That's solid. I can respect that. Our Ford Customer Service folks here are great!:)

I would agree and say this is unique, other car companies don't give any indication that they monitor the other forums I use. At least they don't jump in and offer assistance.

WOW.

from a forum website no less. very nice feedback and response.

makes me feel better about my purchase already.

[MENTION=157968]FordService[/MENTION] Thank you for reaching out, I sincerely appreciate it!...
You’re very welcome, xerais.

I replied to your PM. Let me know if you need anything else! :thumbsup:

I would agree and say this is unique, other car companies don't give any indication that they monitor the other forums I use. At least they don't jump in and offer assistance.

WOW.

from a forum website no less. very nice feedback and response.

makes me feel better about my purchase already.
Thanks, for the positive feedback, Ford Fam!

If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We will be happy to lend a hand! :D

Tricia

Well it is now the 16th, the local dealership still doesn't have the part and I'm waiting to hear back from the service manager.

Hope I hear something positive!

Well it is now the 16th, the local dealership still doesn't have the part and I'm waiting to hear back from the service manager.

Hope I hear something positive!

I hope the dealer provided a loaner at no charge to you while your car is unavailable.

well it is now the 16th, the local dealership still doesn't have the part and i'm waiting to hear back from the service manager...
Thanks for keeping me posted, xerais.

I’ll add this info to your file. I also see that your CSM will be contacting you on 11/23/15, and he'll give an update at that time.

I’ll be here if you need me! :thumbsup:

agree 100%:salute:
Awww, why thank you, scoutexplorer.

If you need anything, just give me a shout! :)

Tricia

I appreciate all the help Tricia...

Well have called and left voicemail with the CSM. I didn't receive a call back as I was told would happen so there hasn't been an update. Called the dealership and was told that they still didn't have the part and that they were told they would be getting it 5 days ago.

I'm pretty upset at this point and this thread is really the only place I can vent. Will post any further updates, really hope the whole thing gets resolved soon. I know things happen but I don't think it is to much to ask for someone to call when they say they will.

This is the second time a "scheduled" call back has not happened.

Well have called and left voicemail with the CSM. I didn't receive a call back as I was told would happen so there hasn't been an update. Called the dealership and was told that they still didn't have the part and that they were told they would be getting it 5 days ago.

I'm pretty upset at this point and this thread is really the only place I can vent. Will post any further updates, really hope the whole thing gets resolved soon. I know things happen but I don't think it is to much to ask for someone to call when they say they will.

This is the second time a "scheduled" call back has not happened.

You have more than enough reason to vent. You are taking it better than I. If it were me Ford would be speaking to my attorney during lemon law proceedings.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well spoke with Ford customer support. Part has been delayed again. Basically every week I get a new date and then on that date it's delayed another week. I don't understand how long I'm supposed to deal with this. Why aren't I being given a replacement vehicle? I had a brand new truck for two weeks and they have had it 6. Does anyone have any experience with something like this?

I'm crossing my fingers that things actually happen like I am being told they will, but at this point I'm losing confidence and trust rapidly.

Back