Hidden 30" LED Light Bar install | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hidden 30" LED Light Bar install

I bought a Hanma 180W LED light bar a few weeks ago from Trailworthyfab.com. It's a 30" bar so it should be very bright. I decided to mount it behind the lower grille since it would fit perfectly there and also get some protection from flying gravel and things.

Today I pulled off the front bumper cover and mounted the light bar to the bumper reinforcement:

81344A66-orig.jpg

42514413-orig.jpg

Then I replaced the bumper cover. With it in place, you can hardly tell the bar is there and the beam should even clear the front license plate holder:

A5BD0B02-orig.jpg

Just need to wire it up now and I'll post some beamshots tomorrow night probably.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That awesome.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry for reviving a reallly old thread, but how in the world did you manage to route the wires to your switch? I cannot for the life of me figure out how or where to get through the firewall so i can place my rocker switch in my dash.

I actually about to do this to my 08 Explorer as well. Front bumper cover is off and i am working on drilling the holes and lining it up. Ill take pics and post as well. Thanks to the OP for the Great Idea

I have two rigid light bars in my garage that need a new home, 20 inch driving pattern and 28 inch combo. Let me know if you are interested in learning more. Great size for these type of installs

I have two rigid light bars in my garage that need a new home, 20 inch driving pattern and 28 inch combo. Let me know if you are interested in learning more. Great size for these type of installs

I'm interested in the 28" combo. Can you PM me the brand and specs? Thanks.

how hard is it to remove the grill / bumper cover?

And thanks to the OP nice pics and awesome install

Back