2016 Platinum Late Production? | Page 31 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Platinum Late Production?

Apologies for the confusion and thanks for clearing that up, I didn't realize they were two different vehicles. Even in the promo photos they look nearly identical. I learn something new every day :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No happy right now. Dealer just called me and said that my Platinum which was build with an ETA of 11/9 was just put on a hold status due to transport damage. New ETA is January some time. I'm ready to pull the trigger and cancel order all together. I am now becoming like a few of you here being really upset as this is completely unacceptable having a 6 month order process. Even with sync 3 coming I'm not sure Ford will be the way I go if I cancel. Unhappy customer at this point.

No happy right now. Dealer just called me and said that my Platinum which was build with an ETA of 11/9 was just put on a hold status due to transport damage. New ETA is January some time. I'm ready to pull the trigger and cancel order all together. I am now becoming like a few of you here being really upset as this is completely unacceptable having a 6 month order process. Even with sync 3 coming I'm not sure Ford will be the way I go if I cancel. Unhappy customer at this point.

Sorry for your problem. If you do decide to go with another manufacturer, make sure they don't use the same shipping company. They are to blame, not Ford.

JMHO,

TW

That sucks. Cancel the order and get a 2017 in March?

If I thought that the 2017 would be out in March, I would cancel.

The local paper said today the 2017 F-150 would have a 10-speed tranny. Wonder what that means for the 2017 Explorer?

If I thought that the 2017 would be out in March, I would cancel.
The 2016 model production didn't begin until May. If the 2017 follows the same schedule, it likely won't be available until sometime in June 2016.

Peter

Platinum Arrived

Well I finally got my new Explorer. Very cool features though I haven't driven it much yet it is really nice. The color (Caribou) turned out to be beautiful with the interior and has different looks depending on the light. I haven't gotten into all the features but I did try out the active cruise and it is strange when the brakes kick in. Also it was great that next to the speed you are going is a Speed Limit sign that indicates the speed for the road that you are on (similar to many GPS units on the market). The ambient like is just a pure gimmick but lots of fun. Chose orange for Halloween! If I knew how to post a picture I would.

It was a long wait (from July) but I love that new car smell and having a new toy to play with. Also note that I got a WeatherTech liner for the cargo area and it fits perfect (second row back).

Well I finally got my new Explorer. Very cool features though I haven't driven it much yet it is really nice. The color (Caribou) turned out to be beautiful with the interior and has different looks depending on the light. I haven't gotten into all the features but I did try out the active cruise and it is strange when the brakes kick in. Also it was great that next to the speed you are going is a Speed Limit sign that indicates the speed for the road that you are on (similar to many GPS units on the market). The ambient like is just a pure gimmick but lots of fun. Chose orange for Halloween! If I knew how to post a picture I would.

It was a long wait (from July) but I love that new car smell and having a new toy to play with. Also note that I got a WeatherTech liner for the cargo area and it fits perfect (second row back).
Congratulations on the new Explorer. Now all you have to do is update your profile (2016 + model) or add it to your signature if you still have the older Ex.
Instructions on posting pictures are in the Welcome New Members threads or you can take out an Elite membership ($20) to help support this site and then you can post directly from your computer.

Peter

Peter

Would be cool if some of the new owners would post YouTube videos of their Platinums. I've been checking it every day and all I'm seeing are videos full of stock photography. Very annoying.

So I'm back off the ledge now but still a little frustrated. Went to my dealer today after the phone call last night. I talked to the GM. Here's the run down

Salesman calls me and tells me that there is a hold due to transport damage. Delivery could now be January

GM today, tells me that they had just received a Platinum last night with every option I ordered expect for the dual dvd in the headrest. If I wanted to take that one I could however it would be $400 extra.

I asked him if my order was really on hold to damage with new ETA of January or were they just asking if I wanted this Platinum instead.

I said I would take it but it needed to be a push. No extra money out of my pocket.

He said he couldn't do that as he needed to pay the union labor. He didn't want to budge on trade either.

I asked when the the DVD would be installed and he said he didn't know when parts would be available due to the headrest/seat color. Could be a couple days or months.

I asked again if the current ETA had change (Tricia has informed me prior to visit that its still the same). He said no but he has 5 customer orders that are awaiting delivery for the same week and not sure if that will happen.

I told him I will wait. Been waiting this long another 2 weeks wont kill me. I prefer my options to be on the VIN when it arrives. Bring on Nov 9th!!

The dealer now has 2 Platinum's in their showroom. A Shadow Black and a Blue Jeans.
IMG_2227_zpszurshsd1.jpg

IMG_2226_zpsdejze9un.jpg

IMG_2225_zpsovog3kbr.jpg

IMG_2224_zps1axhrj2m.jpg

IMG_2223_zpsdzelpd3c.jpg

Got Mine

I picked up my black platinum today. It was ordered on April 15, printed my window sticker on September 8 , built on September 12 and arrived at the dealer late on September 29 and picked up by me on the 30th.
I traded a 2013 Sport with 42,000 happy miles. No complaints.
I'm very impressed with the Platinum. It feels much stronger and doesn't have a 6 cylinder sound to it. The dash is all LED and looks great. Most things are familiar, but there are a lot of new gadgets. Bottom line....it was worth the wait.

Finally drove one and sat in the seats yesterday

So far I have found one very disappointing thing about the Explorer Platinum. The seats are not all that comfy and luxurious. They are exactly the same seats as in a 2015 Lincoln MKC (my wife's vehicle). Nice but not what I thought they should be. The seats in my 2014 GMC Acadia Denali were far more comfy. Almost all the features such as active cruise, active parking, rain sensing wipers, navigation and others work the same as the our MKC. Not a bad think just is. The ride is very very nice and handling is excellent. A reasonable value. Sorry no pictures to post.

My Magnetic Platinum was built on the 26th and should be here by the 14th of November. I got to drive an in stock one (White Plat Tri coat). I thought the seats were pretty decent comfort wise. I think they are bigger and more adjustable than the ones in my 2013 Lincoln MKZ. It was an impressive test drive. I tried the massaging seats and the active park assist. I had it perpendicular park at the dealership-very cool. The stereo is great-will be excited to have my own soon.

My car hit the rail-yard Friday. So now it's a wait game. Also curious to see how the incentives change.

I also just realized the Sport and Platinum don't include an engine oil cooler like the XLT and Limited with a class III trailer package. What's the deal here?

I also just realized the Sport and Platinum don't include an engine oil cooler like the XLT and Limited with a class III trailer package. What's the deal here?
It's been posted that those 2 models don't require the cooler because they have the Ecoboost engine and have more power and thus the engine doesn't have to work as hard.

Peter

Sounds logical to me.

This is just a reminder to all that today is Tricia's birthday , As you all know she is one of our Ford Customer Service Reps and she has helped most of all with the updates on our vehicles orders including mine. Please wish her a Happy Birthday.
Thank you.

Happy Birthday Tricia.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tricia, Happy Birthday. Thank you so much for all your assistance. What can you do to hustle my car from the CSX lot to my dealer? Joke. Everyone on this forum is lucky to have you helping. You do a great job. Thanks Dean Tilman (deant)

Back